Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2007

I found out the internet rate but we were on the road and didn't know for sure where we would end up, so I waited to make reservations. Before arriving, I called Triprewards because they will give you the internet rate over the phone and it is usually better than walk in. I was on hold forever on my cell phone, so we decided to go on in instead of waiting on phone. I was quoted a higher rate so I asked "Michelle" if there was a public phone in lobby so I could call Triprewards back, and she said, "Isn't that trying to beat the system?" I looked at her stunned while she said, "If you do it, you can use your own phone, not ours!" I then got her name and left without an incident. I have since requested an apology, never received it and gave word that I would report my experience. Travelodge and Triprewards are very much affiliated and I was not "trying to beat the system," just get the best honest rate publicly available which is what everyone should do.

• Stayed January 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank iamtravelinpam
TravelodgeFred, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North, responded to this review, June 4, 2007
Management does not condone this behavior and person does not work here anymore. We are a friendly property and invite you to experience our hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2006

We booked ahead for $39. for a trip to Florida. The coupon book rate was $42.99 Mon - Thurs. + $10 for F-S. We had a basic room, it was clean with micro, fridge, coffee maker and adequate supply of towels. The king bed was comfortable for us on the firm side. There was some traffic noise (from the road in front)heard although we were just about as far as possibe from the road.

The breakfast area was being renovated, that is some floor tiles were being laid a second time. Therefore, no tables/chairs set-up. In the morning, the continental breakfast to say the least was totally disappointing. Cereal - no milk. Drink machine - out-of-order. Coffee - no milk/no cream/creamers, but there was white powder in a package available. There were some donuts available, but on the dry side - stale? Plan on eating elsewhere.

Why did I call this the vegetarian room? Well under the heater/air conditioner were two onions with skins on as noticed by DW. Either these were left by a previous guest or are being used to control something. I left them in place.

If you want a room, good value here.

• Liked — Location at the I-95
  • Disliked — Cont. breakfast disappointing
  • Tips/Secrets — Seek lowest rate
      Cleanliness
5 Thank ken_ll
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2006

We stayed in Fredericksburg during one of our commutes down south. I must admit I didn't expect all too much, just a basic room, but I was pleasently surprised. The rooms are very clean, the people at the desk were very friendly, everything in the room worked perfectly. My wife was impressed by how quiet the room was. Judging from the parking lot it seemed that the hotel was full, however there were loud noises or problems of any kind. We now plan on staying here every year. Highly recommened for a comfortable stay.

• Liked — Quality of room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank CanadianMan223
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2006

Was passing through on my way to GA and we were lucky enough to find this gem amongst the dozens of low quality motels off of I-95. Rooms were VERY clean, good size, friendly staff, quiet. For the $$ you can't really ask for more. The building has an older look to it but the rooms are kept up and we had a microwave, fridge, hairdryer, coffemaker, makeup mirror, and wireless internet in our room. I plan on staying again the next time I drive through.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2006

This Travelodge is fairly new but is starting to show serious wear. The bathroom needs serious cleaning and re-grouting. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. THe breakfast room was clean and there was a nice selection of cerals, toast, fruit and juices. As an overnight stop it is fine but I would not want an extended stay.

2 Thank Nepean