Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North
Hampton.com
$102
$76
$105
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleancoffee makerwaffle house across the streetworked finemini fridgenon smokingfront desk clerkthe wi fihotel roombed and pillowschecking infirst floortvtargetgasnc
Reviewed March 8, 2013

OK this is not perfect. The sheets had a small cigarette burn on the edge and the manual door latch needed the screws tightened. However, the room was clean and comfortable well worth the low price we paid. Staff friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelinjack43
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida from Pennsylvania-chose it mainly because of the price and some reviews-the room was spotless, comfortable, and quiet. Check-in and Check-out staff we're friendly and helpful-we would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Cshafer2
Adrienne A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Cshafer2,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. It is feedback such as yours that helps us to provide better service and accommodations for our travelers. We hope that you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stop around this location every year on my way to an early morning hunt in nearby WMA and it is my second stay at this motel. I believe the place is slowly improving its aging interior or, at least, there are some rooms there better than others. The only thing needed improving in my room this time were TV, its cabinet, and a desk. The rest was up to par with better hotels. I especially enjoyed very comfortable beds. Also, Wi-Fi reception was poor if you were farther than 6 feet inside the room. I couldn't browse laying on the second bed next to the bathroom.
As was described, the rooms have everything a hotel room should have: a TV, a fridge, a microwave, a coffeemaker, a fan, a desk, and a chair (beds are assumed by default). Bathroom was very clean with plenty of toilet paper. Bathtub had curved curtain bar, which is very convenient. Once you learn how to operate bath tub faucet, they are tricky, you're good to take showers. One small problem I had was with window curtains. If you turn on the heater or AC, the air lifts the curtain and passers by can see into your room.
Check-in was relatively easy, even late night. You show ID, sign & initial, and you're good to go. I had a downstairs room and was eventually able to park outside my door. There were quite a large number of people staying at the place, including at least 20 utility crews going up north for hurricane Sandy aftermath relief.
Breakfast is nothing to write home about: some stale individually wrapped pastries, apples, cereal, milk, oatmeal, and coffee in a small kitchenette next to the office. There are plenty of places to have a dinner or breakfast around there. I went directly across the road on foot to The Waffle House and had a decent home-cooked meal. I only recommend walking when the traffic is light, otherwise it might take longer to cross than driving around to the nearest traffic light. There's even a Wal Mart Supercenter few miles up the road, if you need something.
Overall, this is probably the best place to spend a night in North Fredericksburg for around $50, as evident by its popularity among travelers. You can literally see the difference by counting cars outside of it and next to its competitors down and across the road. I definitely would stay here next year again.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level allow you to park your car next to your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Seth J

Dear Seth J,

Thank you for your honest feedback. As you know, travelers are faced with many lodging choices and I am pleased that you stayed with us!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the deal we were able to get online. We just needed a place to stay for the night in order to travel to Washington DC the next day. The staff were all very nice and the room was clean. The breakfast was not the best but we were glad to have cereal and some fruit. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear marr100,

We appreciate the fact that you shared a traveler opinion with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms. We hope that you return in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My Fiance' and I were on our way home from vacation and decided to stay and rest in
Frederickburg Va for the night.WE chose this hotel mainly for the price at first.Once we got there,the night clerk was extremely friendly and helpful.I asked if they accepted aarp discounts,which they did, but he went a step further and asked if we were Government employee's which would give us a higher discount.Neither one of us are but my Fiance' is a teacher and he gave us a discount equal to the Goverment Employee.We both thought that was fantastic and a great customer service attitude,especailly in today's economy.
The lobby was spotless and our room was fresh,clean and very spacious.We WILL stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room for the night or longer..well worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank filetdafunk

Dear filetdafunk,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our nice rooms, friendly service, and discounted rates. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.