I stop around this location every year on my way to an early morning hunt in nearby WMA and it is my second stay at this motel. I believe the place is slowly improving its aging interior or, at least, there are some rooms there better than others. The only thing needed improving in my room this time were TV, its cabinet, and a desk. The rest was up to par with better hotels. I especially enjoyed very comfortable beds. Also, Wi-Fi reception was poor if you were farther than 6 feet inside the room. I couldn't browse laying on the second bed next to the bathroom.
As was described, the rooms have everything a hotel room should have: a TV, a fridge, a microwave, a coffeemaker, a fan, a desk, and a chair (beds are assumed by default). Bathroom was very clean with plenty of toilet paper. Bathtub had curved curtain bar, which is very convenient. Once you learn how to operate bath tub faucet, they are tricky, you're good to take showers. One small problem I had was with window curtains. If you turn on the heater or AC, the air lifts the curtain and passers by can see into your room.
Check-in was relatively easy, even late night. You show ID, sign & initial, and you're good to go. I had a downstairs room and was eventually able to park outside my door. There were quite a large number of people staying at the place, including at least 20 utility crews going up north for hurricane Sandy aftermath relief.
Breakfast is nothing to write home about: some stale individually wrapped pastries, apples, cereal, milk, oatmeal, and coffee in a small kitchenette next to the office. There are plenty of places to have a dinner or breakfast around there. I went directly across the road on foot to The Waffle House and had a decent home-cooked meal. I only recommend walking when the traffic is light, otherwise it might take longer to cross than driving around to the nearest traffic light. There's even a Wal Mart Supercenter few miles up the road, if you need something.
Overall, this is probably the best place to spend a night in North Fredericksburg for around $50, as evident by its popularity among travelers. You can literally see the difference by counting cars outside of it and next to its competitors down and across the road. I definitely would stay here next year again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Fredericksburg conveniently located just off I-95 and US 17 five miles from Ferry Farm George Washingtons boyhood home. We invite our guests to enjoy our free continental breakfast. Stay connected with free wireless Internet access in our common areas and guest rooms. Step into the privacy of your own guest room with amenities including cable TV with ESPN, HBO, NFL Network, new 37 inch flat-screen TV's, hairdryer, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, desk with lamp, in room safe, free local calls, and wake-up service. Our hotel provides a business center with computer as well as on-site laundry. On-site parking is complimentary. Children age 18 and younger stay free in their parents room with existing bedding.Fredericksburg is one of Virginia's prettiest historic towns surrounded by historical attractions and battlefields, shops, galleries, restaurants, and golf courses. Fredericksburg celebrates annual festivals such as Wilderness Resort Classic and Muscle Car Show and Colonial Theater on the Lawn. For picnicking, exercise trails, hiking, and scenic views and much more visit Alum Springs Park and Dixon Park. Nearby attractions include Riverside Center Dinner Theatre, Strayer University, Fredericksburg Visitor Center, University of Mary Washington, Hartwood Winery, A.Smith Bowman Distillery, and White Oak Civil War Museum. For golf enthusiasts visit Cannon Ridge Golf Club and Augustine Golf Club. Visit Spotsylvania Towne Centre and Aquia Town Center for your shopping pleasure. Catch a flick at nearby Regal Fredericksburg 14 and Muvico Village 12. For the kids, Cavalier Family Skating Center and Central Park Funland are the place to be. Enjoy a tasty meal at one of the local restaurants such as Black-eyed Pea, Jack in the Box, or Mi Rancho Mexican Restaurant.At Americas Best Value Inn Fredericksburg, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Travel Lodge Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Travelodge
- Fredericksburg Travel Lodge