“A long weekend and a great hotel!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
West Long Branch, NJ
“A long weekend and a great hotel!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I traveled to Fredericksburg, VA for a long weekend of battlefield tours and Civil War research. When I was looking for a hotel, I was looking for something close enough to the sites, but without a huge nightly rate (it was Memorial Day weekend, so a lot of travelers in the area!). I found the Travelodge and saw it had a great reviews and a great nightly rate (even better with my AAA discount). It's right off of I-95, only a few miles from Historic Downtown Fredericksburg and within easy driving distance of Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania and Wilderness Battlefields. It's also surrounded by every type of store you can think of (I forgot toothpaste and a comb, but luckily Food Lion Grocery Store was just down the road!).

It doesn't look the newest on the outside, but don't let that fool you. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I had plenty of towels, and it was very convenient to have the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here and again. Just note that as of June 8, they are changing to America's Best Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel. Traffic on Route 17 can get very heavy at times (many...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jubilee4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tooele, Utah
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge because we were looking for a cheap place to stay while we ran the half marathon. Location is convenient.....close to everything you could possibly need. Hotel was very clean, smelled great, and had a very pleasant staff. Hotel features a fridge and a microwave, which was a plus. Pillows were VERY nice. Only negative thing was that the sheets were thin but, for the price we paid, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I'd have no problems with staying here again if I needed a quick overnight with no thrills.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Comfortable, clean. There is road noise, but otherwise just fine. AC worked very well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here one night our on way back from Myrtle Beach. We booked online about a week ahead of time. When we arrived, I admit I thought I was going to be disappointed. Check in was easy and pleasant. We were in room 224 (nothing available on the first floor, so up the stairs we went)....I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and clean. The (pull out) sofa was a little worn, but not terrible....King size bed (comfortable) desk, sofa, sofa table, tv, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker...it was very adequate for our one night stay...

Room Tip: There are alot of hotels in this area, I think you could probably find a better place, but this was...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Barkhamsted, Connecticut
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I needed a place to stay for one evening while visiting the Civil War Battlefield in Fredricksburg, VA. I was pleasantly surprised by my room, it was very clean, and the bed was so comfortable. It had a refrigerator and microwave. For the price the room was exceptional. Lots of eating places within walking distance. I would recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Close to Civil War sites, and many other Historical sites. About 40 miles from DC.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Older but clean relatively quiet. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel during Thanksgiving (2011), while in town for a relative's funeral. We arrived early on Wednesday morning and the woman at the front desk was kind enough to find us a room we could check into that early - a blessing considering the purpose of our trip. Our room had 2 beds, a fridge/microwave, and access to free wifi. When I had trouble connecting to the internet, the front desk reset the router, then called to make sure I was able to connect. Every day when we returned back to the hotel we found the room not just clean to sight, but it even smelled good.

On Thanksgiving night we could hear the road traffic (our room was about halfway back), but most of the time, you couldn't. I'd say that rooms further back would probably not have this issue, or that it wouldn't be an issue depending on when you travel.

Really, just an overall good experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family