“Place needs to be shut down!”

Travelodge Fredericksburg
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
“Place needs to be shut down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was the absolute worst place! The room had roach bugs every where and was not clean! I went to the office to see if another room was better and it was dirty too with bugs! The young girl acted as if she didn't know there were bugs "seriously" we went though three rooms before I found one. We would have left but it was over a 100 out this particular day and we needed ac! This place is full of crack heads living there! The place should be burned down the bugs will carry away your stuff! Needless to say we didn't take anything of ours in....I didn't sleep for fear of bugs crawling on us!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

By far the worst place I have ever stayed. Room was disgusting, from the severely stained carpet to the cockroaches roaming the room at will. If it wouldn't have been so late I would have asked for my money back and left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Butler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had to cancel our travel plans due to a family emergency and could not cancel our room. So I was charged for a night I never used. I will never stay heare!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Robert D
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Well, I checked into my room late (around midnight) and it smelled and was muggy. I went to use the restroom and when I lifted the seat, a bug crawled out. That should have been my first sign to leave. I then noticed a lamp shade with 3 pins sticking out of it. Yes, pins in a lamp shade. And the carpet was VERY nasty! Stains all over the place! I tried to connect my laptop to the free wifi, but no wifi signal found. I then go to turn on the TV and none of the channels worked. UGH! So i decided to take a shower. I turned off the room lights to help it cool down in there while I took my shower. Well, once I got out of the shower and walked back into the room, I turned on the light. ROACHES ON MY BED! 3 of them! on the sheets! one ran off and I flicked he other 2 off the bed. At this point I was so very tired and was trying to decide what to do. I thought to myself "Roached usually only come out in the dark, so if I leave the lights on, I should be fine". So, I tried to do that. Couldn't fall asleep. The lights, noises outside, and sound of dripping shower head were driving me nuts. I opened my eyes and saw that there was something on the pillow next to me. It was a 2 inch hair! NOT MINE because I'm bald! and 2 inches from that mystery hair, was a tiny blood smear! Yes people, BLOOD... Finally had it! I packed my stuff and threw it in my car and drove up to the office window. I asked if they had any clean rooms. Before I could even explain my issues, he raised his finger and started getting another room for me. REALLY? Is this something normal at this "Roach motel"? I did finally get into a semi-clean room by 2:30 and got my 3 1/2 hrs of sleep before escaping from that hole'tel. Doesn't even deserve a 1-star rating! Oh yeah, almost forgot... The curtains don't fully fit the windows, so anyone can just bend down and look clearly into your room! So if you're an exhibitionist, maybe this hotel is for you, haha.

Room Tip: If you do happen to get a room here! Be sure to ask for a "clean room".
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tony C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Cindy,August11-My daughter and I stayed over night and it was a nightmare well you've heard of the Bates Motel well this was the Roach Motel, the rooms were run down floors were filthy dead bugs roaches in bathtub it was bad. Add is very misleading stay away

• Stayed August 2013