“Friendly check and meant for a budget, not the safest place”

Travelodge Fredericksburg
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Butlerville, Indiana
“Friendly check and meant for a budget, not the safest place”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I would consider having Jane check me in upon arrival the best part of my time at the Days Inn. She had a warm smile and welcomed me like I just walked into the fanciest hotel in the world. this location should appreciate her and reward her for her enthusiasm and professionalism. I give this location one rank up just for her. Convenient to I-95, shopping, food, and more. Near to civil war locations and points of interest. I would not recommend this for a family or single woman but for a young guy on business looking for a budget friendly deal, go ahead. Read the other reviews and see whether you can handle it. Book on travelocity and save even more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AGM06546, Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2012

Again, thank you for feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540.898.6800.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lyndhurst
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Clean the dump up. It is dirty and attracts a lot of undesirables. The breakfast is only coffee and. No toilet paper in rooms. More then 40percent of the lights do not work

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AGM06546, Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am saddened to learn that we did not live up to your expectations. I understand that this in no way excuses your dissatisfaction but I wanted you to know that we are aware of the problem and are currently working hard to remedy the problem (s).

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Dirty, smelly rooms with large bugs. Went to get "breakfast" in the lobby only to find bugs crawling on the juice machine. There was what seemed to be a domestic disturbance in the room next to us. We would have left except we were too scared to leave the room. I will never stay at a Days Inn again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CMD4253
AGM06546, Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for the recent review of our property.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540.898.6800.

Lovell, Maine
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After a 15 hour drive we were just looking for a place to sleep for a few hours. I have stayed at other Days Inns in the past and have come to expect a clean room. It is clear in reading the managements responses to prior feedback that it is nothing more than lip service. The cigarette buts remain littering the parking lot. The toilet hadn't even been flushed nevermind cleaned. The tiles around the toilet were being forced from the wall with mold and fungus - I am not a scientist but I am sure there is something new growing there. As it was very late, we did not have any other choices - we slept briefly - fully clothed on the top of the bed. I grew up in the inner city and remember the days of a combat zone - I would feel much safer and cleaner sleeping on the sidewalk in the old combat zone than I did in this facility, for lack of a better term. The kicker, when checking out the clerk asked how my stay was. I informed him about the whole toilet thing and he said "other than that how was your stay?" I could have gone on and on but instead I just went. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. All of the prevoius reviews are an understatement. And to the management - please do not applogize - you could refund my money and pay for my next doctors appointment as I am sure I will need to be screened for much. I will be writing to Days Inn Corporate and asking them how they can continue to allow their name to be used for such a trashy facility. Unless Days Inn strips them of their franchise - I cannot trust the name again. Thank God our daughter wasn't with us! The only plus - it inspired us to get back on the road early, very early.

Room Tip: The besy tip I can provide regarding this facility is - Run, Run Away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MBKWB
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am saddened to learn that we did not live up to your expectations. I understand that this is no way excuses your dissatisfaction but I wanted you to know that we are aware of the problem and are currently working hard to remey the problem(s). We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540.898.6800.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We didn't experience an extremely negative stay, but it wasn't extremely positive either.

There was an extreme amount of locals who seemed to call this place home. The room was clean but the grounds were extremely grungy. We were clearly not staying in the best or safest part of town.

Also, my same-sex partner and I were packing the car to return home and we were hit with uncomfortably negative slurs from "residents" on the floor above us. This is one hotel that we will gladly avoid in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eric h

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ran out of there fast! Looked like drug and other night life not acceptable for family viewing! The room had a dirty wet towel on bed,dirty wash cloth in the tub,cigarette buts in the toilet -but the roach under the alarm clock was the last straw! What were we thinking?

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank NaNaJuJu
I'm Sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We are working hard to address the issues that you have mentioned.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.