“It's OK”

Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Virginia
“It's OK”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When looking for hotels I think "What do I need?" Most of the time it is just a place to sleep so Days Inns are one of my go tos. When rating I think how does this hotel do compared to itself. I mean, most Days Inn will never be as great as a full service Marriott and it'd be wrong to compare the two.

Even so, I was a little dissappointed with this hotel. Though the room was clean and adequate the hotel itself was not so great. The hotel was full of many "long stay" guests. Both ice machines were out of ice every time I tried to get any (granted it was 100 degrees), they were painting and as a result my room has a paint fume smell that did dissapate. Check in was long and painful due to computer issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AmbersM0mmy
AGM06546, Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, September 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540.898.6800.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were scheduled to stay at this hotel for 2 nights, but we BARELY manged on night and that was only because of no other options. We got in late, and other places were booked at that hour.
I had requested a non smoking room, one that had not ever been smoked in because of allergies.
Our rooms smelled like stale smoke, and that was just the beginning.
My daughter found a dead cockroach in the room.
The air conditioning was not working, and they refused to fix it until the next NIGHT at 6PM. The night we got there, it had been 95 degrees, and the next day it was to also be 95 degrees. We were going to be outside all day at my daughters wedding. This was absolutely unacceptable.
The bedspread has dirty with either blood, coffee, or some other unidentifiable substance on it.
*Shudder*
The blanket on one of the beds had a cigarette burn all the way through it.
The mattress on one of the beds had a very large urine spot on it.
The coffee pot carafe was missing.
None of the ice machines worked.
The list goes on and on. Please for your own protection, avoid this place.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CherylFirebride
AGM06546, Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. The Days Inn Hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. i hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from The Days Inn Hotel.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The place is crawling with cockroaches and I'm not just talking about the bugs, they have those too! It's definitely not a place you want to stay if you have kids. There are none of the amenities that they claim to have, except maybe HBO, a freezing cold outdoor pool and free breakfast. The pictures they show for this motel are so outdated, I think they were taken when the place was first built. Customer service is horrible, but I will say the maintenance person at least had some knowledge of how the place runs. Don't just walk away from this motel, run fast and don't look back!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank eamai71
Thank you for choosing Days Inn South during your recent visit to the Fredericksburg area. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your stay.
Your comments are taken very seriously, and I assure you that steps have been taken to address your comments. I know that you left very dissatisfied, but my hope it that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show our true level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Medina, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Needed a place for an overnight stay. Picked this place for location and price. Check in was a disaster. Girl doing check in had the "blank stare" look for every question I asked and did not even care when I tried to pay with my current credit card instead of the expired card that was on my initial internet reservation. She said" I don't care, I still get paid whether the card is good or not". The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but had an awful stale odor to it. Went back to the girl and altough she did change the room for us, it seemed like a chore for her to do with more "blank stare". That room also had the stale odor but not as bad. The room also had no fridge. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ida C, General Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
We have every desire to provide the best solution available to resolve issues as soon as possible. We are actively working to improve our guest service levels and your feedback will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2012

we came here thinking this would be a desent place to stay but we were wrong.In the past it was a pretty nice place,but now it sucks.The place is like the getto people hanging their clothes all across the balcony,kids running around half dressed with no shoes on while their parents hang out in groups doing who knows what.Also one of the buldings is completely shut down.The staff is pretty rude as well we ask to have our room cleaned and got additude from one of the maid service workers who told us that they don't clean rooms I informed her that I do not live here at this motel (as it looks many pepole do live here) I am a guest for three days and would like maid service every day.Speaking of cleaning,the rooms could be much cleaner I almost wore my shoes in the shower.So I think it's safe to say that we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kevin w
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from The Days Inn Hotel.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was traveling from wisconsin to virginia beach, and got stranded for 4 days. The first hotel i was in was a total dive,so I came up here to Days Inn - south. The management and staff were very understanding of my situation and went out of there way to make sure I got into a a room and made comfortable immediately. The room was clean even the maids went out of the way to make sure i was taken care of. Best of all being on a very tight budget the price was very economical. If you ever get stranded or just want to relax...I would certainly come here..Its home away from home. i am very pleased with the service of this motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ida C, General Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Days Inn Fredericksburg South. We are pleased to get your feedback regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your room . We would also like to thank you for your very nice comments about Management and staff. Thanks again for your comments and our staff is glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you selecting our hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We arrived at 10:30 at night, got our key and ready to settle in. Only problem was that our room, was pried open (anyone could of been there waiting for us). Our room WAS NOT EVEN READY! There were no comforters and the bed sheets were all bundled up onto a bed.
There was not an apology given and in fact the person manning the desk questioned my wife as if she was wrong/making it up.
It did smell like a smoker had the room prior to us (asthma issues with our family so we woke up coughing)...
We knew it wasn't going to be a "5 star" place, but we were shocked at the lack of cleanness in the room.
Oh, Yea...almost forgot. THEY DOUBLED BOOKED US TOO!

Room Tip: Don't get a room here! Spend an extra bit of money to get actual service!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank Bill00912
Ida C, General Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We strive to provide great service and clean rooms and it Is apparent from your comments that we failed to reach that goal. The housekeeping and guest services issues you described are not acceptable and definably not typical of the service we provide. Your comments are taken very seriously, and I assure you that steps have been taken to address your comments. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we can measure our true level of service, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. I know that you left very dissatisfied, but my hope it that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show our true level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Ida Carter