The motel itself is nice. Clean and spacious rooms, good wi-fi service, good breakfast, parking outside the door, but the worst thing about the place is just how bad the traffic is on US 17 outside the place. This is located near the US 17-Interstate 95 interchange and traffic southbound on 17 was backed up when I arrived, making getting out of the parking lot difficult, especially since i wanted to turn left across traffic to head to Walmart. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, a decent rate ... overall not a bad place to stay when the traffic isn't dog-knotted outside. That traffic is why I could only give a "2" out of "5" for location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 percent non-smoking hotel. Hotel is minutes from the historic district and close to the University of Mary Washington, Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, Chancellorsville Battlefield and Paramount's Kings Dominion. Additional points of interest nearby include historic Kenmore and George Washington's Ferry Farm, James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library, Wilderness Battlefield, Spotsylvania Courthouse, Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and Civil War Life - The Soldiers' Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn near Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Quality Inn