“We complained about the quality; were not charged for the room”

Quality Inn near Historic Downtown
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We used a coupon from one of those books at the VA welcome center. My BF and I needed a room for the night on our way to NC. This was a convenient location off the freeway. At check in I requested extra towels, they were not delivered. I found dead bugs in the bathroom and lack of water pressure in the shower. The bathroom sink would not drain. But the kicker was the door lock. I had to open and close the door several times to get t to lock properly. The cement stairs outside were in poor condition and very cracked; a safety hazard. The continental breakfast was adequate. The egg patties tasted terrible, like they were nuked too long. At check out my BF stated the complaints and the manager decided not to charge us for the night. I think he just wanted to get rid of us. I have always enjoyed staying at CHOICE branded motels, but this was the pits and I probably will rethink my choices next time I travel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times. With every stay it gets better and better. The cleanliness is top notch!!! The breakfast has gotten alot better over the years and the staff is great as well. This is one of the few places around the area that accepts pets. The pillows and beds are better than my own at my house. It is also nice to find a place that is smoke free!! There is also a pizza place within walking distance. Good Food! The price is unbeatable for the quality that you get here. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ahotelemployee
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Friday, January 15, 2010. The front desk receptionist was friendly, but was unable to provide me with a complimentary disposable comb, which is a standard amenity at Choice Hotels, because they had "run out". The rooms are small and the water pressure in the showers is weak. The hotel is located at the intersection of two major roads, and you could hear loud traffic noise all night even in my room, which was located on the second floor as far back from the road as possible. It disturbed my sleep, and I am a frequent traveler. The provided continental breakfast is very basic, and the lobby is small so it is crowded and difficult to reach the food around other people who are also trying to get breakfast.

None of the above would have mattered much to me since I was only there for one night, except for the fact that the hotel made an extra charge to my credit card without informing me. When I noticed it on my account statement, I called the front desk. They said the charge was because of a "missing towel and washcloth". I have stayed in many hotels across the country, especially Comfort Inn which is also a Choice Hotel, and I have never been accused of stealing a towel. I travel alone and always do a thorough check to make sure I take nothing by accident and leave nothing by accident. There is no chance I could have taken those items, but I was charged anyway. The receptionist told me the general manager of the hotel would call me back in a minute or two to resolve the issue, but I never received a return phone call, ever. I was forced to dispute the bill with my credit card company. Save yourself the hassle and pay a fair price for a fair room. At this hotel they will nickel and dime you and even try to steal from you.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank stjdv4
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed overnight after the 2009 Christmas holidays. Traffic was crazy on I-95, and we couldn't continue south without some sleep. We paid $58 with a coupon out of a booklet we picked up at a rest stop right before exiting for the hotel. Room access via an outside corridor. The bed was comfortable, albeit on the soft side. The room was exceptionally clean. It was spotless, especially the bathroom. Plenty of hot water. The buffet hot breakfast was a nice touch, served in a cheerful room/lobby. Expect bagels, muffins, biscuits, juices, etc... Location is excellent - about a 1/2 mile off the exit. Road noise was minimal. We didn't hear noise from neighboring rooms. A/C and heat are an individual unit, rather than temperature being controlled by a wall-mounted thermostat. You get 20% all meals at Bob Evans and other close-by restaurants by showing your room key. Front desk staff was cheerful. All and all, it was a restful place to spend the night after a day of driving.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Last weekend we were attending the family engagement function in Fredericksburg and we had room arranged by the groom side of the family at Quality Inn. I must tell you that check in was a smooth, desk person was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. We got in to the room and very surprise that rooms are decorative and very very clean and comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. The beds were some of the best we have slept in. Breakfast was tasty and just what we needed. Staff was cordial and helpful.
Conclusion: All in all, we highly recommend the Quality Inn if you need to stay Fredericksburg, VA. There are many other options, but even if there were, we’d still suggest this hotel

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Came to this hotel while traveling from Western NY to Outer Banks. Location worked well as we just neeeded a place to overnight before jumping on the I-95. Room was clean and it appeared the carpet and wallpaper were fairly fresh. Furniture and tv were standard and plain. Price was right at about $67 for this "outside door" motel. We arrived at 10 pm and though we only able to get a room with two "small" double beds the staff was very freindly and accomodating. Hotels in the surrounding plaza were about twice the cost. No problem with water pressure as previous review noted. Simple yet nice continental breakfast area to get us going. Would recommend as a clean, economical place to crash the night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank kandlsheen
Reviewed March 12, 2008

We were traveling from NY to Ga and decided to stop here because of how bad the traffic was that we had been stuck in. I had a coupon but failed to realize it wasn't the right exit but the clerk gave me the deal anyways. The rooms were very clean and we had no problems with noise as it was very quite. They accept pets and my dogs loved the room they didn't want to leave in the morning. they had a hot breakfast bar that was very simple but the coffee hit the spot and the fruit they had was fresh. It was very close to the exit for those who don't like to travel far off an exit. everyone there was very freindly I would stop here again and tell my freinds about it. There just finished a remodel and that really made stay very pleasnt.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple