“passing through VA”

Quality Inn near Historic Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Being the snowbirds that we were this winter,we needed a place to stay overnight coming back from Florida. We found this in the AAA book we had.
First off, it said non smoking room,,but upon entering the room..you could smell the old stale smoke and the rug was very dirty..so ,,kept my shoes on and sprayed the room down. This is an older place with some minor updates.The room was ..well just that ..a room..with a bathroom that had the smallest toilet seat opening i've ever seen!..like %*#^ through a basketball hoop!!..and an old tub with an updated shower head.Outside the bathroom area is a vanity with good lighting over it,a rack to hang your clothes(considering your staying),an ironing board and iron(what?! )and a hair dryer. There are 3 drawers under the tv stand,the TV was new,the AC worked great..Free WIFI, I've got to say the bed was very comfy and the clock radio reminded us to wake up. They do serve a free breakfast also...we left before that.
For the price,($57),personally,one night was enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is more of a motel, and not up to the overall standards I have come to expect in other pet-friendly Quality Inns...terribly stained carpet and tub, cracked sink and tub tiles. Looked like burn marks on the linens of one bed and hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free. Poorly sound-proofed. Won't be back!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Maureen K
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We used our choice hotels program to reserve a night and chose a "Queen" room (the only one left) and were a bit disappointed. This is an "award winning" hotel but I'm not sure why, exactly. The toilet was so close to the wall, you had no room to sit correctly ... with the toiltet paper on its roll pushing into your thigh ... no kidding! I'm not THAT big of a person, either! However, the bathroom was exceptionally clean (appeared to be freshly painted/papered/grouted). But, the outside door did not shut properly and cold air could be felt blowing through as I sat at the desk typing on my computer. This was our only complaint, though. The bed was fairly comfortable and the pillows, though small, were fluffy and nice to sleep on. Our room was located at the end of the unit so it was very quiet which was great! Breakfast was plentiful and the worker was busy keeping things fresh and tidy. The area was small, though and she spent more time being polite saying excuse me over and over again! We managed to get one of the 4 tables and ate quickly so others could sit down. OJ was not very good ... standard push button machine service but still had an almost "sulfur" taste to it ... this has happened at other motels, so I'm wondering if it is the brand they use?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We found our room to be older, what I would call "semi-renovated," but could still use some work. Maybe it's the age or maybe it's the area, but we stayed in another motel near there recently and found them both to have poor weather stripping around the doors. You could see daylight, feel the breeze and hear noises through the gap....but that was the only major problem. There was also a broken piece of support on the desk. Though it caused us no trouble, it might cause the desk to fall apart on another guest.
On a positive note, it was probably the cleanest shower enclosure we've seen in motels of this type. Also, the stuffed chair was about the most comfortable "motel chair" I've ever sat in--and there have been plenty.
The place was quite clean, the mattress firm and we had a good night's rest.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This Quality Inn was listed in AAA Guide and is touted as an Award Winner. I rated it an average but found it disappointing. This was my first stay at this chain and will probably be my last . Sign said newly renovated but the mattress was uncomfortable , old , and stained . Yes , it did have a new flat screen , frig and microwave but I look for a good mattress first. I also think it was very noisy on this road and sounds carried on the cement walkways and steps to rooms. Breakfast was OK with a clean eating area. The desk staff was friendly. Choose only if budget is your main concern.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathyGCortlandNY
Reviewed November 22, 2011

THIS HOTEL COULD USE SOME SERIOUS UPDATING AND A THROUGH CLEANING!!My husband and I ended up here due to 2 other hotels and there false advertising(no hot tub in room) and by the time we ended up here it was 10:00 at night! The only reason we stayed was because we were to tired to move again! the room was small dark dirty and had burn holes EVERYWHERE! We went outside to get something out of our car and a group of about 5 young men were hanging around by our door and drinking! I was scared it was dark and late! This looked to be a hang out spot for low life guys! Do yourself a favor and KEEP ON DRIVING!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

our family was traveling to Myrtle Beach, and we stoped here in Fredericksburg Va. for one night. We found that the rooms were clean, and quiet. The staff was freindly, and they had a nice continetal breakfast. A nice place to stop over for a night while traveling.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family