We found our room to be older, what I would call "semi-renovated," but could still use some work. Maybe it's the age or maybe it's the area, but we stayed in another motel near there recently and found them both to have poor weather stripping around the doors. You could see daylight, feel the breeze and hear noises through the gap....but that was the only major problem. There was also a broken piece of support on the desk. Though it caused us no trouble, it might cause the desk to fall apart on another guest.
On a positive note, it was probably the cleanest shower enclosure we've seen in motels of this type. Also, the stuffed chair was about the most comfortable "motel chair" I've ever sat in--and there have been plenty.
The place was quite clean, the mattress firm and we had a good night's rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 percent non-smoking hotel. Hotel is minutes from the historic district and close to the University of Mary Washington, Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, Chancellorsville Battlefield and Paramount's Kings Dominion. Additional points of interest nearby include historic Kenmore and George Washington's Ferry Farm, James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library, Wilderness Battlefield, Spotsylvania Courthouse, Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and Civil War Life - The Soldiers' Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn near Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Quality Inn