“decent place”

Quality Inn near Historic Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed May 21, 2011

First let me say NO BED BUGS! We pulled the bed completely apart to check for bugs and we checked all the drawers. Everything was clean. This is a nice place to stay for a night of two. We stayed here on May 11, 2011 on our way to Williamsburg. It was a quiet place right off the highway. It doesn't look great from the outside but the room was good. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. The breakfast was a little lacking but I don’t base my review on the food because it is a hotel not a restaurant. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay while passing through.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank michtest

Reviewed May 3, 2011

First room they gave us smelled. they moved us next room over; better but had no refrig/microwave. Moved us again to a third room which was just okay. We came here because we thought it would be a step up from Super 8 or Travelodge but wouldn't come here again. Office was very nice though and helpful in changing our rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lobs4
Reviewed February 28, 2011

near highway , no noise , pretty room, comfy bed, good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MAURA D
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We were on the second floor at the back, and couldn't hear any traffic at all, like others complained about.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable The front desk clerk was very friendly. There was a hot breakfast and enough there to start off your day. Nothing negative I can say about it....Great stop over on our way down to the Outter Banks.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beachglassgirl1
Reviewed September 19, 2010

The motel itself is nice. Clean and spacious rooms, good wi-fi service, good breakfast, parking outside the door, but the worst thing about the place is just how bad the traffic is on US 17 outside the place. This is located near the US 17-Interstate 95 interchange and traffic southbound on 17 was backed up when I arrived, making getting out of the parking lot difficult, especially since i wanted to turn left across traffic to head to Walmart. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, a decent rate ... overall not a bad place to stay when the traffic isn't dog-knotted outside. That traffic is why I could only give a "2" out of "5" for location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We used a coupon from one of those books at the VA welcome center. My BF and I needed a room for the night on our way to NC. This was a convenient location off the freeway. At check in I requested extra towels, they were not delivered. I found dead bugs in the bathroom and lack of water pressure in the shower. The bathroom sink would not drain. But the kicker was the door lock. I had to open and close the door several times to get t to lock properly. The cement stairs outside were in poor condition and very cracked; a safety hazard. The continental breakfast was adequate. The egg patties tasted terrible, like they were nuked too long. At check out my BF stated the complaints and the manager decided not to charge us for the night. I think he just wanted to get rid of us. I have always enjoyed staying at CHOICE branded motels, but this was the pits and I probably will rethink my choices next time I travel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times. With every stay it gets better and better. The cleanliness is top notch!!! The breakfast has gotten alot better over the years and the staff is great as well. This is one of the few places around the area that accepts pets. The pillows and beds are better than my own at my house. It is also nice to find a place that is smoke free!! There is also a pizza place within walking distance. Good Food! The price is unbeatable for the quality that you get here. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business