“went home stressed”

Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We had stayed at this hotel for the last two years but this year was the most horrible experience I have ever had. The room was reasonably clean but the chairs were not only uncomfortable but falling apart. When my son tried to connect to the internet he couldn't. The help at the desk couldn't help him. He called the number on the card and was told the system needed reset. He called the desk again and told them. Their repsonse was we don't a maintenance man working now so you willl just have to use it in the lobby. The internet never did work, When I closed the shower curtain in the morning I found a used wash cloth hanging from the rod inside the curtain. Gross. When we came back to our room in the afternoon the room had been cleaned but 2 pillows were missing and we had no towels. We were told they had to wash the towels before they could put them back in the rooms. While resting the door opened and it was the maid with the two pillows but no towels. About an hour later she was back with the towels. I don't like knowing that people are going in and out of my room 2 or 3 times a day. That night the toilet clogged. We called the desk and the clerk said she didn't know if they had a plunger. She said she would call back. I finally had to go to the lobby to use the bathroom. While I has gone she finally showed up with a plunger. It took a half hour (no phone call). The next day I found long hairs folded into a bath towel. Gross again. When we returned that afternoon once again the room was clean but no towels. My son had spent the last two nights camping out and doing a living history at Chatham. He wanted a hot shower. He went down to the desk but was told there were no towels. All we had left was one wash cloth and one hand towel. He ended up using them and my husband went out and bought paper towels so we had something to dry our hands with. When we returned from eating we found only two sets of towels. There were four of us registered. I called for two more sets of towels and immediately accused of not having everyone registered. By now I had just about had enough. This is the same night clerk we had been dealing with from the beginning and she just didn't want to do anything. I went to the desk to show her my e-mail confirmation which showed 4 persons. She still gave me an attitude and said she couldn't do anything because she was the only one there. After my husband went down the maintenance man finally showed up with the towels. Meanwhile I had called the customer relations number and put in a complaint. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2008

On our trip to Williamsburg we used to stay at the Fredericksburg Quality Inn. This was in late June 2008 and we were surprized about the hotel.

It was clean and comfortable. The staff pretty helpful - even gave us computer access to check our EMails.
Breakfast was nice, our first taste of biscuits and gravy ..

We would recommnd it in every case, even for families.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mene9999
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This is a nice place in a convenient location -- close to I-95, Fredericksburg battlefield, Univ of Mary Washington, as well as shopping and restaurants). The room was comfortable and well-equipped. The TV was below par (e.g., was adjusted badly so couldn't see the top & bottom of the screen, especially bad for sports!).

The staff seems less competent than most, which mars what might otherwise be a more pleasant experience. After I got into my room in the late afternoon, the maid came by twice to give me towels she'd forgotten (and each time tried to open the door instead of waiting for me to open). The clerk who checked me in coded my room for one day although I was staying two days, and then his clever partner tried to tell me the cards had been erased by my cellphone or something. (Does this genius have any idea how hard it actually is to erase or mangle these cards that way?) Several other problems of that sort, probably indicating need for a new manager.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank cs_east
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed here on our way to Florida a couple of weeks ago. We decided to drive as far as we could one evening and to try to use a coupon from one of the Virginia travel guides. Well, it worked out just fine for us. We got an excellent rate for a king room. I believe it was about $55 with a reasonable pet fee of $10 per night. It is a clean looking two story motel with outside corridors. The area was well lit at night. Check in was pleasant thanks to friendly staff and speedy service.
The rooms were immaculate and very quiet. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a pillow top mattress on our king bed. We slept quite well!
The bathroom was nice and clean, and the shower was wonderful with a nice, big shower head and good water pressure.
The breakfast was great. They have two waffle irons which were quite popular. Other hot items included biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, french toast, and grits. They had a nice assortment of breads (muffins, danish, etc), and cereals (hot and cold).
We lucked out on this trip! Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank baybay2001
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I have recently traveled from New York to Florida and back to New York. This was one of the nicest places I stayed. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was superior, and the front desk was very accomodating. I was very tired from travelling and got some good relaxating from the hotel. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank Long_Island_Trav
Reviewed December 5, 2007

After an abysmal ordeal at the local HoJo, we got a refund and went hotel hunting. This was the only hotel that had vacancy, so it was this or go back to the HoJo. The rooms were clean, the shower hot and the breakfast was outstanding. The staff was very helpful and professional. We will be staying here again the next time we return to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Slinger646
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Our family has always used this hotel. We visit this area regularly and find the quality inn by far to be the best value, cleaniest hotel with the friendliest staff. The breakfast is great and the location is perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through fredericksburg. A++++++

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple