Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area
$56
$112
$109
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom was cleancowboy jacksfront deskwafflesfire stationmile triprental carcontinental breakfastnext morninggood nights sleepnice poolan older hotelthe east coastwould recommend this hotel to anyonethe wi finice staynice breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay while in Fredericksburg and the price for the Quality Inn was what I was looking for. The room was clean and well cared for and I felt very safe. It is very close to I-95 and a lot of shopping and dining locations. The hotel staff, while not overly friendly, were helpful and provided the information I required. The Wi-Fi signal was very good. The complimentary breakfast was nice (even had sausage and eggs). They only had the old style TV in the room, and the chair at the table was wobbly, but still safe. All in all, very happy with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time out to submit a review about your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that your overall impression of our hotel was satisfactory! We strive to make the best impression possible on our guests, so that when you leave our hotel you leave satisfied.

I see that you also commented on the older style television you had in your room. We realize that these televisions do indeed need to be upgraded. I am happy to say that process has already begun and we have a large shipment of new flat screen televisions being delivered to the property very soon. We will start installing them as soon as they arrive and hope to have all of the rooms outfitted with brand new televisions this year.

I would like to extend my apologies for the wobbly furniture you pointed out as well. I have shared this with my maintenance staff and asked them to please make sure that the furniture in the guest rooms is secure; while it did not cause a significant issue during your stay, I would not want to impact anyone else’s future stays. I would like to thank you for bringing that to my attention and giving me the opportunity to address it.

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time out to submit a review about our property. We use guest reviews just like yours to gauge where we are falling short along with where we are succeeding. This is the only true way to measure what things need to be changed and what things do not, so for that I am grateful for your review.

If you find the need to travel to our area again in the future I hope we will have the honor of serving you as our guest at the Quality Inn near Central Park!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Richmond as an overnight coming from MA. I did a quick review online and it looked decent. The hotel was in a good area for a quick stay. The hotel room however was very dirty. The carpets were filthy and looked like maybe someone had just run a vacuum in front of the beds. The walls were dirty, the Vanity looked like it was from the 70's and falling apart. The only perk was the Golds Gym in the same parking lot that you can use if you are a guest. I just can't believe they were charge money to stay in this room. The service was fine, and the beds were ok.

• Stayed: March 2013
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a response regarding your recent stay with us. I am extremely sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us and found your room cleanliness to be unsatisfactory. Please allow me to extend my sincere apology to you and your family. I have reviewed each detail of your review and met with the housekeeping and maintenance department to discuss a course of action to ensure that these issues are corrected immediately so future guests do not have to endure the same dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us.

I would also like you to know that we are taking actions to update our hotel so that guests like yourself can have a better experience during their stays in the future. We have already begun renovations of our lobby area as well as replacing all the guest room locks and are now replacing all the staircases throughout the property. We have many improvements planned for the future and will continue to upgrade the property so that we can create the best guest experience possible and ensure each and every guest has a comfortable stay with us.
I would like to extend to you a personal invitation to give us another try in the future so you can see firsthand the improvements we are making to the hotel and to get the opportunity to have the great stay you are entitled to enjoy. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be thrilled to make those arrangements for you.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to address these concerns and for the constructive feedback. We completely welcome all feedback because we feel this is the only way we can improve.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our stay was Feb 27 to 28. We used a RoomSaver coupn which was readily accepted. One of my best experiences, a great staff who enjoy their job! Jason welcomed us with a smile and energy! He loves his job and it shows! After 10 hours of travel it was like a breathe of fresh air! He checked us in quickly. The room was clean but the bath smelled of cigarette smoke. Jason gave us a followup call to see if all was well.
In the morning the lady working the dining room (forget her name) gave us a warm welcome and was ready to serve our needs for breaskfast, restocking as needed. Great breakfast.
I will stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn near Central Park in Fredericksburg, VA.

I was very delighted to read that you had a great experience with us during your stay. I was especially glad to hear that our front desk agent Jason was able to make your check-in process so pleasant. We agree that Jason does display his enthusiasm for his position and we greatly value him as an employee with us. We always make it a point to recognize our staff when they receive a “shout out” from former guests about their service and attitude. We made sure all the staff knew that Jason had positively impacted your stay and that we sincerely appreciated him doing so.

I was disappointed to hear that the room you checked in to had a cigarette odor. I have shared this with my housekeeping management and they’ve already taken the appropriate steps to properly deodorize and disinfect the room so that future guests do not encounter the same issue. I apologize you had to encounter this and I am very appreciative that you brought it to my attention so I can ensure it is properly taken care of.

I have also shared your comments with our breakfast hostess, Sandra who was the recent recipient of our employee of the quarter award for her outstanding service and stellar attitude. She received this award for receiving glowing reviews just like yours from our past guests.

I would again like to thank you for taking the time to point out both the positive points of your stay along with an area we can improve on. We love to hear when our employees have “wowed” our guests and at the same time also like to hear when we can improve upon the guest experience. It is comments and reviews like yours that allows us to do so, so thank you very much!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel looked good from the outside but inside our room was a very different story. Our "non-smoking" room smelled of smoke. The "popcorn" style ceiling had large sections/chunks missing like they had fallen down. The shower curtain rod was falling down and faucet was very loose.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pparrothead
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very sorry to hear you did not have a satisfactory stay with us. We strive to ensure 100% guest satisfaction at all times and with all of our guests. It appears in your situation we have fallen short.

I can assure you I have thoroughly reviewed your issues with my staff and management team and we will ensure that each issue is resolved so that future guests do not encounter the same issues.

While we would love to only get positive feedback we understand the only way we can improve is to get honest and candid feedback from guests like yourself when something does not go right. Therefore I would like to thank you for your feedback; it is very important for us to take action when someone’s stay is negatively impacted so we can remedy those issues right away.

Please contact me directly if you will be traveling to our area again in the future, I would love the opportunity to show you that we do indeed care about our guests and their comfort.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, so my top criteria were met. I throughly enjoyed the enthusiasm of the staff. Their pet friendly policy suits me well. I really like having a fridge and microwave in the room. Wi-fi connections is essential for us right now. Breakfast was OK (what do you expect for free?). Next time I will bring my own maple syrup and have a waffle.

The room was fine on our first stay. On the second, our room was in a different building The proximity to the Mexican restaurant Carlos and Kelly ( good and 10% off if you show your room "key") was a small plus, however, the room wasn't as good as the previous one. The second room needed some maintenance work: the table and chair were wobbly; the sink faucet and the shower rod needed adjustment.
That aside, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the neighbors quiet, and the staff lovely.

Room Tip: Get one that hhas been renovated recently.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katharine S

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! It is always a pleasure to hear about the enjoyable parts of a guest's stay. I am very happy to hear you had some positive experiences during your stay with us.

I would also like to apologize for the issues you encountered with your second room. We took over the hotel last May and begun the process right away to remedy the many issues the hotel had at that time. Part of that process is to go through each room one at a time and do a complete preventative maintenance overhaul, fixing anything that is not working properly and making note of any larger issues that will need to be repaired or replaced. This process will continue each day and starts all over again after each room is checked.

I have taken note of the issues you encountered during your stay and shared them with our maintenance staff. We will make sure that each of those issues is corrected so that future guests do not encounter the same issues you experienced during your stay.

I sincerely appreciate both your positive feedback along with the constructive criticism you have shared with us. We can only improve our hotel when we are aware of issues and it is guests like you who take a few moments out of their time to share them with us. We are grateful for that and also grateful for the positive points you have shared. I have shared with my staff as well, and all were very happy to hear you were impressed with their enthusiasm. We really do have a dynamic team here and I am glad they are making good impressions on our guests.

As we continue to improve we will be making some changes to our property including a complete lobby renovation, changes to our breakfast bar, improvements in the parking lot, stairwells, and sidewalks, and of course improvements to the guest rooms in the months to come. I would like to personally invite you back to our property in the future so you can see the positive momentum we will be making.

Thank you again for being our guest and sharing your experiences with us.