Sleep Inn
$97
Country Inn
$129
Hampton.com
All reviewsyogurtroom was cleancharging phonesone nightglass doorshower toiletstar propertysausage pattiesleft early in the morningwalk in showermajor roadu turnonly real complaintworked finenice showerenglish muffinsbelgian waffles
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited over memorial weekend paying $76 for the night. (Had stayed in the only downtown hotel-Marriott in October but unwilling to pay the huge price tag this time)
Location about a 5-10 minute drive into downtown Fredricksburg.

First impressions- welcoming & efficient check-in. Corridor down to room smelt old and musty but on opening the room it was fresh.

The room was secure and very clean, bedding very fresh, clean and beautifully ironed. Although the towels were clean they were thin through age.
I would describe the room as an old 80's building that has been kept up to date as much as possible with decor making the best of the older style room. Bathroom, small with one of the old, although larger style shower 'pods'
Internet although slow at times, wifi worked fine.

Breakfast was adequate & included, yogurt, pastries/bagels, juices, sausage and cereals.

In summary I would say that the hotel is well managed making the best of the old building (recommend addressing he freshness of the corridors areas) If this is your price range I would recommend very highly as value for money. I would use again if I had to but like my Hilton comfort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed here several times when travelling for work and I've always been satisfied. It is very conveniently located right off of I-95, with several restaurants and shopping centers nearby. The rooms have always been clean and the staff always friendly. The breakfast area is very small and crowded, but has a decent selection and is clean and presentable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, budget friendly place to stay when in the Fredericksburg area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I loved this hotel so much I didn't even care that it didn't have a pool. We stayed here one night on our way home from SC. Everything is completely updated. The rooms are absolutely beautiful that I want to redo my room just like it. Everything was exceptionally clean and the price was great. We will return on our next trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I stopped at this Sleep Inn on our way to Myrtle Beach. We were really pleased with our accomodations. It was priced inside our little budget, very clean, modern, friendly staff,, next door to a Pondorosa, (perfect for the both of us). We were going to hop on I95 but decided to stay overnight as having arrived around 6:30pm and we were really tired. Very quite perfect for us seniors. Yes I would stop there again. The breakfast had lots of choices and great coffee.

Room Tip: We were on the second level, no problem climbing stairs! Very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sleep Inn is located just west of Exit 133 north of Fredericksburg on the hectic commercial strip along US 17. There is nothing scenic about this location as it sits next to a busy highway flanked by a cheap steak place and other motels. This is definitely a place you stay one night while passing through.

That said, it is an entirely adequate night's stay. The rooms are small but well maintained. There is a decent if undistinguished comp breakfast, a public computer, and....can't think of any other amenities.

The service was excellent and everything worked fine in the rooms, including the comp wi-fi and an excellent cable selection.

With the price being right, this is a perfectly fine option while driving along I-95 south of Washington. Nothing great mind you but no reason at all to shy away if you like the Sleep Inn brand or are a Choice Privileges member.

Room Tip: The farther back you are from US 17 the quieter the room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business