“Nice place with good prices on wine by the glass”
Review of Poppy Hill Tuscan Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Poppy Hill Tuscan Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Poppy Hill Tuscan Kitchen is a casually refined restaurant with a menu inspired by the Tuscan region of Italy. We feature local and organic meats & produce and focus our wine list on small production, family owned & operated wineries from Italy and California. All our pasta is made daily, from scratch using local farm fresh ingredients.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

While the location is a bit strange (located below ground level) the service and food were very good. We especially liked the reasonable pricing on wine by the glass.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Tiny little downstairs bistro with good food and good service. Popular with us locals, but also given a very good review in one of the chi-chi rags.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stumbled across this quaint little restaurant while out for a walk around town and decided to give it a try. Wow...it was simply delicious! I had the bacon wrapped tilapia & my financ'e had the wild boar sausage bolognese with spaghetti, each paired with a glass of wine from a nice list. And the bread...oh my! Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. This is a place I'm sure we will frequent.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Have been eating here 1-2 times a year for several years. food is usually very good but they fall down in some areas like the freshness of their salad greens. As good as most of the food is (and that's what keeps me gong back), the service is consistently poor - indifferent and unenthusiastic.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I had a date night at Poppy Hill. Glad we stopped there. We started out sitting outside which was nice but decided to move inside. It is quaint inside but has a little musty smell but nothing that detracts from the ambiance and food. The bathroom was very clean a good sign. I ordered the create your own pasta, spaghetteli with alfredo sauce. I asked for sundried tomatoes which were not an option on the menu and was accommodated with my request. My husband ordered the balsalmic chicken with orzo and green beans. We were very pleased with the portions and the superior taste of the dinners and the bread that was served with the meal. It was mouth watering in my book. The alfredo was one of the best I have tasted and the sundried tomatoes were very tender. My husband's chicken was a large portion and the orzo was creamy, green beans were tasty and crisp. We were too full to try dessert. Maybe next time. Serve was very attentive and friendly and the owner came out and talked with us. Very pleasant, sincere, friendly man it is nice to see who the owners are and have them interact with you. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank debbie w