“Good location but the rooms need updating.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Boston Brookline

Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
Canada
“Good location but the rooms need updating.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

I spent a few nights at the hotel in October. I was attending a course in the area, which was within walking distance of the hotel, thus why I was booked into the hotel. The other option nearby this hotel is the Courtyard Marriott - which is nicer but also more money. The hotel is right across the street from the train which made it very convenient to get around Boston. I was downtown Boston in 10-15 minutes! I had breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant. I thought it was pretty pricey for what you got. The buffet was $13 I think, and there wasn't much selection, and it was the same thing everyday - no variety. The staff at the front desk were always very busy, so there was usually a line-up to talk to them. I found when I did get to talk with them they were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were a bit drab - the lighting wasn't very good and the furnishings, carpet etc. are quite dated. The bathroom wasn't very clean when I first arrived - but the housekeeper did a good job at cleaning it the next day when I pointed it out to her. My biggest complaint about the hotel is the elevator - it is VERY slow and there is only 1 so you don't have any choice but to wait. I often waited a few minutes for it, and there aren't many floors! Most times I took the stairs, unless I had too much to carry. There aren't fridges or microwaves in the room but they can provide them free of charge on request. I requested to have a fridge in the room and it was brought up promptly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, January 17, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We have invested $3.2 million in improvements to the hotel. We utilize reviews to make additional changes to the hotel. I look forward to hosting you in the future to showcase these changes. Brian Anderson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

The location of the hotel is very good. It is located in the brookline area of boston, which is only a few T stops from downtown and most places you need to be. On top of that, the hotel is literally across the street from the T green line (C) which stops at St. Paul's Street station. It literally takes a few steps to get to the T.

There is underground parking but at $18/day. The lot is easily accessible. We chose the hotel as we had a conference at hynes convention center and did not want to pay the high prices for the hotels near the convention center. To be honest, the price difference after adding everything probably was not as great.

Rooms are very average, small bathroom (no bathtub) with shower only. The rooms are pretty basic, not lighted the best but with basic table, free Wifi (though the connection speed was slow at times), a flat screen TV with basic channels. Other than that, nothing too spectacular for the hotel. They did have laundry facilities for those who chose. i got the feeling that parts of the hotel were perhaps used for apt rentals. There was a lounge/restaurant downstairs, but never tried it. There are lots of cute restaurants, shops, and grocery stores within a 5 min. driving from the hotel or a few stops in either direction with the T. For self-caterers, there is a trader joe's and grocery stores.

I would not necessarily come back to this hotel due to the high price of the hotel for rather average rooms. There is nothing particularly wrong with the hotel but for those who do not necessarily need to be close to downtown (not our case since we were here for business), i would choose another place instead.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to the Boston/Brookline area. Some of our rooms are smaller in size. We do have larger rooms available within the hotel that include tubs. Thank you for your comments.
St. Albans, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in late October. The first night we had a junior suite in the Atrium section near the pool. The room was ok but showed signs of age and no separate bedroom. There were flat screen tvs though and it had been remodeled. We were offered a chance to move to the Towers part of the hotel because a charity event was scheduled in the Atrium part of the hotel. We opted to move and received a suite on the 4th floor with huge windows facing Beacon St and a separate bedroom and even bigger flat screen tvs. This part of the Hotel was definitely newer and a pleasure to stay in. We had a couple inconveniences while we were there but the staff was very friendly but not always as efficient as I would have liked.
The location to the Trolley was perfect and we used it daily. It was great to get to the city and the kids loved the ride. We had a great weekend. Did not use the pool but restaurant was nice for breakfast.
It was definitely not the nicest hotel we ever stayed in in Boston but we really did enjoy ourselves. I read the reviews before we went so I knew what to expect. I must say after our room change, we were much more excited about our stay and we would have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I look forward to hosting you and your family in the future. Brian Anderson, General Manager
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

stayed here for 5 nights in oct 2009. locations is right across the street from the trolley station. we were visiting boston and were disappointed that we couldn't afford to stay in the city. Brookline is a great place for a homebase, not far from the city and lots of restaurants, it was nice to stay in a quiet neighborhood after spending all day in boston. as for the hotel, it was clean, rooms are small and a little on the dark side since windows don't face the outside of the hotel. i would definitely recommend requesting a room facing beacon street, all other rooms face the inside of the hotel which include the restaurant and pool.They originally tried to put us in one of the interior rooms, but we asked to look at it 1st. once we saw it was facing the pool, we decided there was no way we wanted to stay there. rooms facing the street were quiet. free wifi and printing is also a plus. We didn't use the restaurant at all. We were a little disappointed that our housekeeper didnt clean our room for 2 nights in a row and a lame apology was all we got. the published rate was 192.55 which if we were paying that would've been a real disappointment. we got it thru priceline for $100/night. if you don't plan to spend much time in the room, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We have 225 rooms in Brookline. Some have a view of Boston, Beacon Street and an interior view of the pool/hot tub within the hotel. I appreciate you letting me know how we can improve our service in the future. Brian Anderson, General Manager
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

Good Hotel. Close to the MBTA Station (St. Timothy St.) A lot of tram traffic, noisy, but not for someone who loves the sound!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, October 3, 2009
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Brookline, MA during your trip to Boston. I appreciate your feedback. I look forward to having you stay with us when your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Brian Anderson
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

I traveled with my husband and two kids (ages 8 and 11) to the Holiday Inn Brookline. We stayed here for a Red Sox game and found the hotel to be spacious, the beds were comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. The T was across the street from the hotel, but didn't need to use it, since Fenway Park was less than a mile away. It was a very pleasant walk through this residential area of town. If you walk in the opposite direction of Fenway Park from the hotel, you will find Coolidge Corner where there are many places to eat and shop. We enjoyed meals at Coolidge Corner Clubhouse and Zaftigs on Harvard Street. We would definitely visit both restaurants and hotel again.

We didn't have time to use the pool (even though the kids begged) but ran out of time on our stay. We didn't have a chance to try out the restaurant at the hotel since there were so many other places to choose from in walking distance.

We would love to stay here again for another Boston event or Red Sox Game. I wil shop around for a better price than I paid (just under $200 a night) plus $18 a night for parking. I know this rate is MUCH cheaper than being in the center of Boston and paying over $300 a night plus a minimum of $30 a night for parking.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RedSoxRock46
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

My Mother-In-Law was being operated on at New England Baptist Hospital. We had made arrangements through the hospital to stay in guest rooms they have adjacent to the hospital. A few days before our expected arrival I received a phone call from the coordinator stating that the air conditioning had broken down and they booked us at the Holiday Inn Brookline for the same price with parking and tax included. There was also a shuttle going to the hospital. The T is across the street for when we wanted to take a break and do something fun in the city. The room was a little small, but it was clean and cozy. The pool was right across from our room which was great for the kids. The cookies was an added plus. The next day we were allowed to eat our leftover food in the dining room at lunch time and use the microwaves. The staff was very accomodating. I would definately use this hotel again and reccomend it.. I wished we had booked it for the following night instead of a Holiday Inn in Ct. that was not as nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Fenway / Kenmore
Boston Hotel Buckminster
Fenway / Kenmore
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
#13 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,676 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!