“Another great visit”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
Waterbury, Vermont
“Another great visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited recently to accompany a patient for minor surgery and subsequent recovery at the hotel. The staff were VERY attentive to her dietary and other needs....even after the bandages came off. They were helpful and friendly at all times, without exception. It's perfect for this type of stay.
We already knew about the comfy mattresses and perfectly soft pillows from prior visits. The rooms are clean, neat, and everything works perfectly. The location is perfect for hopping the T for downtown visits, and we were very happy with the restaurant in the hotel... there's no need to go out to eat if you're not in the mood. If you are, there's a wide variety of ethnic restaurants within 3 blocks, also. Some may say the decor is dated, but we find it homey and comfortable...not stark and hyper-modern like some others we've seen locally.
A special thanks to Sadie at the front desk. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms in the rear, away from the central pool area. Less traffic and noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Donald G
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is wonderful to see that the staff made a positive impression on you while you were recovering. Our housekeeping staff will be pleased to hear about how clean your room was, and everything in working order. We are convenient to the train, steps from our door, making an easy process to travel to the many sites both Brookline and the Boston area has to offer.

In regards to the décor, we are currently in the process of putting together a model room with new design elements, in the hopes of making some great changes and improvements in the near future. We hope to see you he next time you are in the-Brookline- Boston area, and thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Camden, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have found myself coming to Boston frequently for business over the last year. When this started I found the Holiday Inn Brookline and have never regrretted it. It is close to everything. The T is right out front and is easy to use. Staff has always been great to deal with. Thdey are very helpful, friendly and accomodating.In thee course of the last year I have met many, from maintenance to front desk. I can't pretend to remember all the names, but there are a few I have to mention. Starting with Robert, the desk man overnight. I always arrive after midnight due to my schedule and it's great to see his smiling face and friendly greeting after a long drive in the middle of the night. He gets me checked in and makes sure I'm soon settled. The day staff, including Leslie, Hector, Justin and several others, are sure to see that you have anything you need. I have enjoyed the breakfast buffet several times. A nice selection and the staff is faast and attentive. I'd recommend this property for anyone in town, both for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Norman H
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
It was a pleasure to read this the other morning to my staff, and more importantly the night auditor, as that position and hours can be a challenge in itself, but Robert is a one of a kind individual who we are grateful to have on our team. I am not surprised that the other front desk members made an impression as well, as they are a great group of individuals. I will make sure that I pass-along your kind words to the breakfast crew, as they will also be very appreciative. Lastly but most importantly, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we'll see you the next time you are in Brookline!
Newport, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have to say, I had the BEST time at Holiday Inn in Brookline. My 4 friends put together a night out for my birthday, and being a professional Wedding/Event Planner, they had some shoes to fill! The hotel went above an beyond to make our suite immaculate for our celebration, we had 2 rooms that had a living room which was PERFECT for pre celebration then we returned to have a slumber party. They knew why were were staying their and went above by leaving us a personalized note and a few snacks. These types of things are what I look for in a hotel to make my clients experience just that much more personalized. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for future events or for your next conference with room blocks.

Room Tip: if you are staying with a group, get an adjoining suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
I am pleased that the staff went out of their way to make you and your friends feel the way you did for your birthday get together, as they are genuinely friendly and try to make each guest experience a great one. To hear comments like these from someone who is in the business is even better, as we all know how critical we can be at times. The hotel host many social events and additionally has many arrangements with area venues as well, in which the hotel will offer rooms blocks for. We hope to see you the next time you are in the city, and thanks again for writing us, and Happy B-day!
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had such a great experience at Holiday Inn Brookline this past weekend! Our adjoining rooms were super clean, spacious and very comfortable. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our "Girls Night" and even welcomed us with delicious treats and beverages! For added convenience, the hotel was located close to our destination for the evening. We enjoyed the sitting room for great laughs as we recapped our much needed night out! In the morning, we went for the breakfast buffet, which had a wide variety of food choices for every pallet, and excellent service. One night just wasn't enough. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank HaileyF0618
You are welcome, as it was out pleasure to ensure that you had a great stay! The staff will be thrilled with the wonderful praises from you, thank you! The hotel is the perfect place to have a celebration, as the city is literally steps from the hotel. We hope to see you the next time that you are planning a night out, and thank you again for taking the time to share this with us!
Cransto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with a bunch of girlfriends for a birthday celebration. The manager, Glen, went above & beyond to make our stay perfect! The birthday girl just wanted to stay in a suite & it was great...supped up with a few extras! All of the staff were friendly & accommodating. Our brunch the next morning was yummy as well! I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamie M
We are trilled the birthday celebration was a hit and it was our pleasure to make sure you had a great time! I will be sure to pass along the kind words about the staff, as they love to here feedback from our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us, and hope to see you in the future!
Greenwich, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

A good value. I'm a clean freak /germ-a-phobe and I would go back.

While some of the decor, carpets and furniture were out dated, most everything was clean and well maintained.

Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food at the restaurant was surprisingly good.

My only negative feed back:

1. Unknowingly my hotel room alarm clock was set to 4:30 am on super blast mode - scaring me to death when it went off, 2 hours before I really need to get up. Unfortunately after that kind of wake up - there was no going back to sleep.

2. The closet had a strong musty - mildew smell - I didn't use the closest because of this. If I kept the door shut, I didn't smell it.

3. Pool - no towels and no shallow end. The entire pool is 4 1/2 feet deep.

4. The coffee was more like coffee-tea. After being jolted up at 4:30am, I need a good cup of coffee and there was none to be had at the Holiday Inn

1 Thank Sambrogio
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Sambrogio,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed with friends at this Holiday Inn on Beacon St., near the Longwood Medical area since they had a medical test and did not know Boston well. The hotel is easy to get to, clean and somewhat reasonably priced for a major city. There is a parking garage for $29 a day. There is also a free shuttle to the Longwood Medical Area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the lounge that was surprisingly excellent. Service was excellent. Breakfast in the Atrium Cafe was a bit disappointing, but it was a buffet. Service was still excellent. The rooms and beds are comfortable, clean and ours had been recently updated. We would stay there again. There is an indoor pool and spa and a very nice atrium area.

2 Thank CptCelt
I am grateful you took the time to share your experience with us, and overall I believe it was excellent, however I am concerned about your comments regarding the breakfast, and will send you an e-mail privately. I never get tired of hearing great comments about the staff, as they truly make the guest experience. We hope you will visit us soon the next time your travel plans bring you back, and thanks for writing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Boston Hotel Buckminster
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#14 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!