“Good Boston Holiday Inn Near Longwood Medical/Fenway Park”

Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed with friends at this Holiday Inn on Beacon St., near the Longwood Medical area since they had a medical test and did not know Boston well. The hotel is easy to get to, clean and somewhat reasonably priced for a major city. There is a parking garage for $29 a day. There is also a free shuttle to the Longwood Medical Area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the lounge that was surprisingly excellent. Service was excellent. Breakfast in the Atrium Cafe was a bit disappointing, but it was a buffet. Service was still excellent. The rooms and beds are comfortable, clean and ours had been recently updated. We would stay there again. There is an indoor pool and spa and a very nice atrium area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CptCelt
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I am grateful you took the time to share your experience with us, and overall I believe it was excellent, however I am concerned about your comments regarding the breakfast, and will send you an e-mail privately. I never get tired of hearing great comments about the staff, as they truly make the guest experience. We hope you will visit us soon the next time your travel plans bring you back, and thanks for writing.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Brookline for a workshop.
I really liked the underground parking and the access to the greenline right outside the door!
The building has an odd layout, with rooms opening onto a large open indoor courtyard area with a pool and eating area. The rooms have a motel look to them, with an odd bathroom set up; very low toilets and tiny shallow tub which is only practical as a shower stall.
The best quality about the hotel was the staff. I accidentally forgot my iPod in the room. Called the front desk and got James. He stayed on the line with me while on radio with maintenance, I messaged my iPod until maintenance found it. Usually desk staff brush you off and ask you to call housekeeping for lost and found.
I can put up with cold bathroom floors if I know a hotel has the kind of staff that this hotel has. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Elizabeth C

Thank you for sharing your positive staff interaction with us, as the team is always making sure that the guest experience is memorable, I will make a point to speak with those individuals, and thank them personally on your behalf. Indeed the hotel has some unique features, some of our premium rooms have full size tubs and exterior views, which are priced slightly higher than our standard rooms. The parking garage is a great amenity, as a lot of guests leave their cares and do exactly what you mentioned, jumped on the train just outside our hotel to venture into the city. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Boston-Brookline area and thanks again for taking the time to write us.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Holiday Inn Brookline is a wonderful hotel! The staff are friendly and professional. The facilities and rooms are very well maintained and clean. Kudos to the management team! Read on for my experience.

My wife and I recently had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Brookline, in Boston, Mass. We wish to single out the General Manager of this property and some very special members of his team. My wife and I are frequent travelers and have stayed in a great many hotels. This particular trip was different in that I was in Boston to have a complex ( and successful) spinal surgery, which had me on the operating table for eight hours, and a five day stay at the New England Baptist Hospital. In previous trips, I have stayed at other hotels around Boston. This time, I followed the suggestion of the hospital, which recommended the Holiday Inn Brookline. This turned out to be wonderful advice.

From the moment we arrived, and for three weeks until the end of our stay, the staff made us happy. The property is well maintained and clean. Our room was spotless and was of a quality of more expensive rooms. I anticipated having to stay in the room for a lengthy recuperation. Due to the success of the operation, I was able to spend a good deal of time outside of the room, often in the lobby, where we observed the friendliness and professionalism of the wonderful staff. Speaking with my wife, we deduced that everyone there had been carefully hand-picked by the General Manager and Asst. General Manager. I supposed the team was so friendly and good as, while the Holiday Inn Brookline caters to business people, families and vacationers, many guests,like myself, were staying there due to the proximity of the nation's best hospitals, and are under considerable stress, focused on medical treatments. Many are nervous. All of the guests I spoke with had great things to say about the care and positivity of the staff.

My wife and I wish to thank the members of the team who made a significant contribution to making out stay at the Holiday Inn Brookline so special.In particular, we thank the Front Desk agents, the Shuttle Drivers, the fourth floor Housekeeping members, Bartender, Chef, late evening Lobby Attendant, Night Auditor and, while not direct employees of the hotel, the limousine drivers. All of these wonderful people worked cohesively as a team and proved to be excellent ambassadors of the hotel and Boston at large. They really made our stay at the Holiday Inn Brookline very special.

Please note that this is the first letter of appreciation ( or otherwise) that I have ever written to or about a hotel. We feel it necessary to shine a light on members of the Holiday Inn Brookline staff. This is a gem in the heart of Boston. We eagerly look forward to returning. It will feel like coming home. My recovery has been very good. I am sure that our stay in this hotel played a large part in my recovery.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I don't know where to start, first of all thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience you had with our hotel and most importantly, our staff members. It is always a pleasure to hear those accolades and will be my pleasure to share them with our staff, and you made the day for the Holiday Inn by your kind words! I am glad that your medical procedure was a success as we have the best hospitals in the world at our doorstep in Brookline. The entire management team and staff wholeheartedly wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you in Brookline for any follow up visits,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

First room was very dirty, dirty bed, walls, feces in bathroom and urine spray all around floor. tub was full of mildew and had strange smell. One elevator which hadn't been vacuumed in days. wrote "clean me" in the dirt on day one, was still there on day 3. Rude shuttle driver, Rude desk person. Pool and Jacuzzi smelled of strong chemicals and because of the lack of cleanliness in the rest of the hotel we opted not to go in. Room thermostat did not work and we could not keep it under 75 degrees. After complaining and switching to another room (just as dirty) with a working thermostat we gave up, and just came back to sleep for a few hours after spending the day at Boston children's with a struggling relative. Not a good experience, would have preferred sleeping in the car at the BCH parking garage. Have a bunch of pictures but its not letting me upload them. will try again later.

Room Tip: try another hotel, your car or under a bridge
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DunkinD83
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear DunkinD83,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here one night for my husband to go to Joslin Clinic and I must say I was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews. However, upon check-in we were immediately upgraded to a very nice room on the 6th floor. It was very clean and very nicely furnished. No mildew, etc.as reported by some. The main level was really very attractive and the business center convenient. The staff was helpful and gracious.
We did not eat at the hotel. The breakfast did seen a bit high and we had other plans for the evening.
We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The falt rate offered by the hotel was higher than the taxi.
Although we were not at all familiar with the train/subway - the T, it was directly in front of the hotel - very convenient. We tried it once without difficulty.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, it is always great to hear positive feedback regarding the staff, and cleanliness of the hotel. I will make sure that I pass these along to the staff, as it will make their day. Indeed the hotel is located very close to the train system, making it very easy to navigate in and out of the city. We hope to see you the next time your travel plans bring you back into the area, and thanks again for writing us.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. I picked the hotel because most of my meetings were in the HPSH area and so this was a great location for the price, especially with the T just across the street. The rooms were comfortable, warm, and clean, and breakfast (while not a large spread by any means) was not bad at all. I would specifically like to point out that the staff in the breakfast area were great and very polite and helpful. Reception staff was very helpful as well. I'd stay here again if I returned to the Brookline area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Svetlana C, Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the level of service provided by our staff. We take great pride in promoting a service culture at Holiday Inn Brookline and certainly appreciate your positive feedback. I am pleased that the hotel was able to suit your needs during your stay and look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was simply strange and over priced for the services offered. The front desk manager was rude. Not to me specifically but I watched him interacting with other guests and it was not good. Coffee pots were labeled wrong which could be a health issue for some. And the weirdest thing was the bathroom. The toilet was only 20" off the floor. Entertaining for my 8 year old son bit not so good for me. Very odd.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ddlfm

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the complications you experienced during your stay. Your experience has been shared with the General Manager in order to improve upon the services that we provide. I am uncertain which manager you observed during your stay but I will contact you privately to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Boston Hotel Buckminster
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#9 of 86 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#17 of 19 in Cambridge

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!