“Loved the location”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
NEWPORT, RI
“Loved the location”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for conference. My favorite part about this hotel is it's neighborhood. It's on Beacon near shops, restaurants and the trolley. It's in a safe area of Boston with plenty to do. This hotel has a small fitness center which was nice for my morning exercise. I arrived to my room with a nice letter from the GM, fruit tray and gift bag from the conference I was attending. Nice first impression!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments, the hotel is in a superb safe location, within walking distance to many places that you mentioned. I am glad that we made a memorable first impression, and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
long island,ny
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Booked this hotel in error via Priceline and happy we ended up here. I had won a Fenway experience day which was a one day event. Just needed a clean place to rest my head before the event. The location was great as it is convenient to the train stop across the street. A few stops and we were at Fenway Park. The hotel seems set up like a cruise ship. The windows of the rooms are mostly facing inside either with a view of the atrium, floor size chess playing area or indoor pool and hottub. I can picture this hotel being family friendly with this set up. My king room was compact compared to most other hotels I have stayed in, but laid out well. Beds was comfortable. Bathroom was clean, but shower curtain smelled like mildew, maybe some washing by housekeeping would be advised. We stayed on the second floor overlooking the pool which surprisingly, did not have any overwhelming chlorine smell. However, our room was quite a distance from the main lobby. I would suggest taking the stairs since the elevator was quite slow. The staff was super considerate and very accommodating to us. Allowed us late checkout. The 24 hr. garage was convenient for us to keep our car parked there to attend our event without worry.

Room Tip: elevator is slow, take stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vs2424
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us, as I appreciate the feedback. I am thrilled that the staff made a positive impression on you, as they try to make every guest experience wonderful. The hotel does have a unique layout, with many different room types, including larger room in our tower, with exterior facing room, that are priced slightly higher than our standard ones. The location couldn't be better for seeing a Rex Sox game, it is even a great walk on a warm summer night. We hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area, and again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Brookline for our visit to Boston. The location was great because a T stop is directly across the hotel. We hopped on the T many times during our stay and got to see a lot of Boston. The neighborhood around it was nice and good for walkability to dining, etc. we chose this hotel because we are IHG rewards members and it was the most economical in the IHG family in the area. However, by paying about $120 more (2 nights), we could have stayed at the Intercontinental right downtown in the waterfront, which was probably much nicer. Don't get me wrong, this hotel was OK, but nothing wonderful. How could it be better? Better sheets, cleaner hallways and rooms, and better food. We received a free breakfast as IHG members by spinning the wheel. It was disgusting. I would have been really upset if I had paid for it (because it was also very overpriced). It's really hard to mess up breakfast food, but they managed. Overall, it is a very average hotel. Nothing to write home about, but a average/good value for Boston area.

• Stayed July 2013
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I am disappointed that you had a less than memorable experience at breakfast, and I will send you an e-mail privately to obtain more information that will be helpful to me in addressing your specific concerns. The hotel is in a great location, with easy access into the city. Again thank you for taking the time to write us, as we value your feed back to continue to make improvements in our service and product.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We happened to book this hotel the day before the Red Sox and Bruins were at home. Prices did go up compared to when we checked a couple days prior, but understandably. The location of this HI is excellent. The surrounding neighborhood was clean, pleasant and we felt safe walking even late at night. There is the St Paul St t-stop directly across the street. Short walk in either direction on Beacon to restaurants and even a Whole Foods. We walked to Fenway easily for the game. We didnt know the room we were originally given was overlooking the atrium, when we really wanted an outside window. Leslie at the front desk was not only great at getting us moved to a new room under fully booked circumstances, but she did it with sincere care and a smile. She was stellar! We got moved to the very far east end of the hotel by the pool. Room was good, only note that the bathroom was a bit run down; the tissue dispenser had rust all around it and the tub pooled a little with water after use, it was a little stained from the water. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and we were only able to book a king room but this one had a sleeper sofa for our two young kids (we planned on sharing the king with all 4 of us, so that was a nice bonus). We also had two TV's in the room, which made the kids happy to watch what they wanted. Pool was great, hot tub wasn't very hot at all. Kids loved the giant chess board.
I did use the self laundry and went to purchase dryer sheets, but nothing came out after I paid. A tech was sent to help, but he just assumed it was empty, without opening the machine. He did look in a room, but couldn't find anything. Not a big deal and it was a dollar for a dryer sheet, but he didn't offer to get a refund and I just left it at that.
We did have the breakfast buffet, food was very comparable to HIE's we've stayed at many times and for eggs, bacon, a piece if fruit and yogurt, $14 was pretty high. The waiter did tell us if we order off the menu, the kids eat free, but he kindly waived their food price. For nearby locations, we did eat at Whole Foods twice and at U-sushi, which was great.
Overall, it was a good stay. We always try to stay at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Room Tip: If you'd like an outside window, ask, otherwise you may get a window, but it could be looking in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us, in detail, about your recent stay, and I will be sure to specifically speak with Leslie, as she works hard and providing the level of service you received. I am however disappointed that the individual who you interacted with in regards to the dryer sheet wasn't more helpful, and could have certainly conducted themselves in a different manor, and for that I do apologize, but will use this as an opportunity to continue to work at providing a better level of service with our staff. We hope the next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again, and thanks for writing us.
Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband ran his 20th consecutive Boston Marathon in April 2013. When we first started coming to the marathon, we stayed in the hotels in the Back Bay area. Luckily we found the Holiday Inn Brookline 16 years ago and we will not stay anywhere else! Therefore, I am not rating a one-time stay--this is many years experience! The staff has consistently been extremely accommodating, always pleasant and quick to respond to requests. There have been minor inconveniences over the years, but these were always remedied with sincere apologies. These people aim to please! We have stayed in the tower, in the front rooms where the gardens are, and ground level by the pool. Each of these were by our request, depending on what we were doing that year and the age of the children currently with us. Rooms were always clean and well-stocked with towels, toiletries and coffee/tea. As mentioned in other comments, this hotel's location is very convenient to the T line, shops and restaurants up the street and downtown Boston. Most rooms do not have outside windows, but we are not there to live in the room and gaze out the window. The room and hotel well serves our needs each year and most of the time, we are out and about anyway. The marathon route goes right past the hotel across the street and I can watch my husband pass during the marathon. After he finishes, he catches the T back to the hotel and I don't have to worry about finding him at the finish (did that the first year without success---horrible experience!). This past year, the hotel sheltered and comforted us during the tragedy, with the restaurant providing our dinner meal and companionship with fellow runners congregating in the lobby and bar area to watch the events unfolding. Holiday Inn Brookline and staff, you will always be in a special part of our hearts. Thank you for sheltering us during the storm....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the past 16 years, we appreciate the opportunity to be your home for the Boston Marathon, and it will be my pleasure to share these kind words with the staff. Indeed that entire week many events unfolded which challenged our staff in many ways, and as a General Manger, I could not have been any prouder of the way they conducted themselves, and the job they did during that time for both our guests, and each other, a true team effort!

We hope to see you next year during the race to cheer your husband on, as the event will be a memorable one, of great solidarity for the city, and always remember....... Boston Strong............
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 16, 2013

While this isn't in the city center, it is across the road from a T-stop on Green line and hence you can be in the city center in under 10 mins. In addition, Brookline is a lovely neighbourhood. So if you are on business and other hotels in the center are proving too expensive, this isn't a bad option.

I was on ground floor and the only window in my room opened into the breakfast area. So you have to keep it shut permanently. Maybe those on the upper floor are better off. A small pool and a gym of acceptable standards make up the amenities. Breakfast is $13 and has standard spread.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, the hotel is in a great neighborhood, and with the train outside, easy to get into and out of the city. The hotel does have several different room types and price points, with some interior facing rooms, along with may that face to the outside. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I usually do not expect more than a clean room from a holiday inn as they are limited service and they should stay as so. The Boston Brookline Holiday Inn was sub par as a full service hotel. We paid $12 for undercooked potatoes and burnt bacon at breakfast. Even worse was the lack of a/c in the elevators or hallways. How does a hotel not have air conditioning in 2013! Blows my mind. Temperatures reached the high 90's with heat indexes in the 110's. The hotel also needs a lot of attention; the rooms were extremely dated and the floors needed to be vacuumed including the elevator. When I'm paying $30 for parking, $10 for a drink and $200 for a room, I expect much more than I recieved. If I am ever in the area again we will not be staying at the holiday inn brookline.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cor737
I appreciate the feedback from your recent stay. With the heat wave over the past several weeks, we have had our engineering staff working diligently to try and mitigate any of these issues, as it has been very challenging, and apologize for the inconvenience. I will make sure that I share the areas of opportunity with both the kitchen regarding breakfast and the cleanliness of the corridors. Thank you again for brining this to my attention so that we can continue to work on making improvements for our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Brookline hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 83 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!