“Stay farrrrr away from this hotel,dirty messy and rats running”

Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unfortunately ended up at this hotel through priceline name your own price. I stayed in other holiday inns before, they are not fanny hotel but at least worth the money, but this one definitely is the worst, yes I mean worst hotel I ever stayed in my whole life.
The hotel is bad structured and decorated ,the room is old ,dirty and smells like a cheap motel. The highlight of my stay happened around 11 pm last night. I was watching TV and I saw a big fat rat running around in my room ! I felt so disgusted and called the front dest immediately. The front desk just simply said, oh, you can come to the front desk. I packed my stuff and went there. I said I am leaving ,you have rat in your room. I also said at least you should pay my cab fare to another hotel. Their manager came and said, we are not going to pay you anything, you can either change a room or leave . The manager is very rude and arrogant , I never thought a person in hotel business could have that bad kind attitude.
I have to emphasize for the whole time, they didn't offer me a single apology , they didn't offer to help to call me a cab, in fact, they didn't look sorry or embarrassed at all. They just don't give a damn about what just happened. I guess rat in the room happens a lot in their hotel so they really don't think it's anything wrong About that.
My advice, don't stay here, you want a clean nice place has respectful stuff, not a place like this that you can get disease or virus just by simply walking on your room floor.

2  Thank Jing W
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing this with me, I have sent you an e-mail privately to get the particulars regarding your stay. I am deeply concerned about your comments, the hotel is extremely pro-active and diligent in its pest management program and we have addressed this concern (as it is a concern of ours also), with our pest management company. That company, as well as the hotel, is prudent in preventing any of these occurrences and we appreciate your feedback.

A portion of the hotel was built in the 1950’s, and perhaps your room was in the original section of our hotel. Our property also has a newer section that was built back in the 80’s, and those Executive guest rooms have a larger footprint and exterior views, thus, the room rates tend to not be available through Priceline. I can also assure you that the housekeeping staff works tirelessly to make sure the hotel is clean and well maintained.

I am very troubled in the way in which the situation was handled by the staff, and for that I apologize, as we take every guest comment seriously and should never have led to any of our staff being perceived as arrogant. Again, if you could kindly provide me with the details so that I may be able to take any corrective measures necessary, I would so greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier in March for a night. There was a mouse in my room, which clearly left me unsettled (and without sleep) entire night. The hotel management was least concerned about my situation and helped little. Easy to guess, never going back to this place or recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel, best tip I can provide.
3  Thank Sal J
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience during your most recent stay and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The hotel is extremely pro-active and diligent in its' pest management program and this is very concerning to me. We have contacted our current company to immediately investigate and take any corrective measures necessary, I will send an e-mail privately to discuss the particulars. I am pleased that the staff handled this situation in a professional manner.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is where we always stay whenever we travel to Boston visiting our daughter who attends BU. the rooms are very comfortable, breakfast is always delicious and the front desk staff is very friendly, helpful, and efficient! Parents of Boston University students staying at the Brookline Holiday Inn are given a room discount, which I always appreciate!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

It is always great to have repeat guest stay with us, and it will be my pleasure to share your great comments with the staff. The hotel is in a wonderful location, so close to not only the Colleges and Universities, but also a short train ride to Kenmore Square and downtown Boston. We hope to see you the next time you visit your daughter, and thanks again for writing us!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

walked from courtyard brookline with walk letter. front desk was just .. enough to charge my credit card again. called hotel twice still no resolution. my stay was on 3/13/2013. pls resolve this/give me the refund asap. my last name is zhang.

1  Thank godrogerfederer
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I apologize for the error on our part that your credit card was charged, and the fact that you had to call twice to resolve, which is unacceptable to me, we will certainly use this opportunity to improve our service with our staff, to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future. I understand that your credit card has been credited the funds back into your account, in addition I have also sent you a private e-mail earlier, again please accept our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for our college road trip to Boston. The hotel is centrally located for us to visit the popular colleges in the Boston area. The staff was great, especially helpful with answering my questions. The room was clean, quiet and had a perfect view over the city. Underground heated garage parking was a nice feature as we were there during the big snow storm last month. I would stay here again if my daughter decides to attend college in Boston.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful words regarding your stay last month, especially about the staff, I will make sure that I pass them along. We are centrally located to over 20 outstanding colleges and universities, making the Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline the perfect place to stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write us, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area, maybe for the next four years?

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here for one mid week night for a local hospital appointment the next morning. We were pleased with the room (3/6/13 room 304). Reserved a King bed room and upon arrival the wonderful girl at the front desk upgraded us to a two room king suite without asking. Th room was spacious and clean, corner room with views to the streets. A microwave and mini fridge as well as two flat screens tvs. The only complaint was the comfort of the bed. Very uncomfortable and we woke to back and neck aches. Plenty of pillows were provided, shower was hot with good pressure. We will stay again and hopefully will get a room with a newer mattress. Front desk staff very friendly, proffessional, and efficient. Great staff !!. Breakfast was standard buffet fare for a reasonable price for Boston $12.00.

Room Tip: Ask for aroom with newer mattress.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Hawgdriver_10

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience regarding your recent stay. Indeed we are very convenient to the Longwood medical area, providing complimentary shuttle service to those hospitals. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff, as I am pleased you found them "great" as they are always attentive to our guests needs. I appreciate you letting us know about the mattress in your room, we will look into this, as we are diligent on rotating them quarterly to insure an even wear on them. Thanks you again for all your feedback, hope to see you the next time you are in the Brookline area!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Holiday Inn-Brookline was pretty good.

My list of positives include: a nice room, very clean (which is a must), good lighting, great 24hr service (friendly and accommodating), nice lobby, comfy bedding, some updates and perfect location.

My list of negatives include: crappy cable connection (we had to have someone come fix the tv because it kept freezing), small weird space under the toilet that wasn't completely patched up, no fan in the bathroom (horrible if your rooming with someone and need to do "number 2"), and the door to the room didn't go all the way to the floor (seeing people walk by all night was a little creepy).

The negatives I listed are rather small, but still should be considered especially if things like this would bother you.

Overall stay " Tres Bein"

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Ash_749
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are pleased that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly, as they try to make every guest feel welcome. The location is tremendous, quaint neighborhoods, sutible for a leisurely walk up to Collide Corner and convenient to venture into the city by train, only minutes from downtown. I will send you an e-mail privately so that we can look into your other comments and address them in the appropriate manor. Thank you again for taking the time to share your recent stay with us, we hope to see you the next time you travel plans bring you to Boston-Brookline!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#10 of 84 in Boston
The Inn at Longwood Medical
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!