“Never a Disappointing Experience Here”
Review of Kookoo Cafe

Kookoo Cafe
Ranked #30 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Boston, MA
“Never a Disappointing Experience Here”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

There are no better coffee-and places than the KooKoo Cafe. Conveniently located right across the street from the T, in the heart of Brookline Village, this place serves delicious coffee beverages and terrific teas of all varieties. They have excellent sandwiches, salads and soups (made from scratch -- as their sign says) and special dishes of the day as well. My wife and I eat here all the time, meeting for breakfast and lunch with each other and friends -- and we've never had a bad experience. The staff are enormously friendly, helpful, attentive, and welcoming. One warning -- the place is enormously popular and has very limited seating. So send a scout along ahead of time if you're going to meet during peak breakfast or lunch times -- to nab you a table. Or, as many do, plan to take food out -- and eat somewhere else. Truly, I have never been disappointed in 30 or so visits. Great place!

• Visited January 2014

Brookline, MA
“Warm and welcoming vibe in the heart of Brookline Village”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Be it a phenomenal brownie, an incredible Persian dish, or a warm cup of coffee or tea, Kookoo provides the best alternative to coffee chains and delis that line Brookline streets. The atmosphere in this small, Euro cafe is one that you do want to not leave. Hunker down and enjoy the music. Meet a friend and chat over tea. Enjoy some of the yummy breakfast items, wraps, soups, and pastries - all homemade, fresh, and delicious. Owner's Elie and Ali have created a fantastic spot for the Village and one that should be visited by many - just hop off of the D Line and stop in, Brookline Village stop.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“My New Go To”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

So everyday taking the T I've noticed Kookoo and today was the day I decided to go inside. I instantly fell in love with the place. It reminded me of all the little cafes I frequented in Europe (which I've been sorely missing in Boston). The coffee and chocolate croissant I got for breakfast were great and so was the service.

I look forward to going there again when I'm not in a rush to get to work and can try all the other delicious looking things in there!

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious & Healty”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I found out this little cafe while I was walking down to the train station. It has a very nice inside. I have tried their coffee and oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. They were both very good. Then me and my husband went to have breakfast during the weekend and we ordered breakfast sandwich. They do not put precooked eggs in a bread and give it to you. They actually cook the egg and serve it with a fresh bread. Delicious! Definitely give it a shot if you like European style cafe's.

• Visited September 2012
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Persian food, European feel, Beantown cafe”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Located in the heart of Brookline Village (just a few steps across the Brookline Village T stop on the Green Line) This is one of my favorite neighborhood places: cozy, inviting, friendly little place owned by a local family that serves fresh, healthy and authentic food (try the Sabzi plate, for example). It's not always easy to find baked treats made on site, or real iced or hot chai in a cafe (not the flavored crap that comes out of a mix like at the larger corporate coffee shops) -- but at Kookoo you can get the real deal, as well as coffees made with local George Howell's Terroir beans. Yum. Worth checking out. A fun place to meet a friend over coffee or for a snack or lunch.

• Visited August 2012