“Best Service I EVER had”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
Anthony's Town House
Ranked #8 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at Anthony’s Town House about a month ago. I was on a trip to Boston and was looking for an affordable place to stay. I was simply amazed by the amazing service that I received. The receptionist (I believe her name was Barbara) was extremely warm and helpful. She guided me to different locations as I am not familiar with the area. She went out of her way to help me and make sure that I have a comfortable stay. The people who work at Anthony’s Town House treat their guests as family. I never had a similar experience anywhere in the world and I am someone who travels a lot. The room was very comfortable and it was a great location. Overall, I recommend this place without any reservation!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveL6582
There are newer reviews for Anthony's Town House

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Honestly, I CANNOT imagine recommending this place to anyone. First, the beds are as ancient as the decor, which looks like it came from the church rummage sale (4 decades ago). Who knew there were so many shades of green that could clash so dramatically? Wow, it looks like a contest winner for the world's best makeover--only this room is the BEFORE rather than the AFTER. Second, beware that 4 of the rooms are 4 flights up. I'm fine with stairs, but they're not for everyone, especially if you have heavy luggage. And those 4 rooms--the guests within all four of them share one very teeny, tiny bathroom smaller than the smallest closet in my home! I don't know about you, but the last time I shared a bathroom was in college, and I didn't love it then. Do yourself a favor: don't stay here. Seriously, there are many other options just outside of Boston with present-day accommodations. For me to consider anything a good value, it first has to be good. This isn't even close.

Room Tip: The most important tip I could give any prospective guest: find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jdv913
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff, who happens to own the place, are very warm. They will prepare for your arrival, notes if your flight has been delayed and make you feel welcome upon arrival.

Staying here was just like being home. Free wireless internet, too. Though speed is not that consistent.

Just be ready for the shared bathrooms! With one toilet & bath for each floor of about 3-4 rooms, it wasn't as bad. And it was surprisingly clean everytime you use it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank michaelnotmike
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to from the bus station or airport. Close enough to walk to Fenway and 15 mins from downtown sights. Right across from the train stop.

Townhouse is European styled (different!) but was very clean and bed was comfy enough. AC in each room.

Great restaurants nearby too!

Very cheap compared to everything else in Boston.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank AN4RCHY
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

It was very easy to use the green line C train to get in/out of the downtown area. Restaurants and stores are nearby for breakfast, which is not included. Rooms were clean and sharing the floor bathroom with other guests was not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank runinCO
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our stay here was fantastic! Everything was spotlessly clean. Our room was comfortable and spacious. They helped us find free parking on the street nearby. There were a lot of steps but we were easily able to manage this. There is a bathroom on each of the floors so it was easy to use another one if the one on our floor was occupied. They helped us understand and get tickets for the public transportation. It was really easy to catch transportation into Boston, and we had a great stay. We'd definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank onthego61
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Did a lot of research trying to find a reasonable place near Fenway Park and found this gem! Technically it's not in Boston(It's in Brookline-but it's really close). It's decorated in old Victorian style, but does have a nice TV with cable and Wi-Fi availability, although you do have to share a bathroom in the hall, but we did not find that a problem at all.
Arthur and Barbara who run the place are great!! They are very helpful with anything you may need assistance with. Arthur even found free parking for me and took me to the store to buy a car charger for my phone. They even gave us $15 in Charlie tickets for the T-line!!
You can't beat the location as the T-Line is right across the street and 2 stops down and you're at Fenway Park. It's a nice quiet neighborhood and there are plenty of things to do within a short walking distance. If you are ever thinking about visiting Boston, make sure you check this place out as it is well worth it!!
I know it will be the place I will always use when I go back to visit! Keep up the good work Arthur & Barbara!!

Room Tip: We had one of the rooms downstairs and it was very spacious! The stairs getting down to it are not t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#10 of 84 in Boston
Hotel Commonwealth
Hotel Commonwealth
#8 of 84 in Boston
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to Anthony's Town House? Share your experiences!