“Amazing take out soup totally worth the prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New England Soup Factory - CLOSED

New England Soup Factory
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing take out soup totally worth the prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I love NESF! Their chicken noodle and lemony lentil are my faves. A little pricey for soup but honestly the best soup I have found.

• Visited September 2013

“Very Crowded, but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the chili con carne, which was delicious. If you come during lunch hour, though, expect to wait - the line was out the door and didn't move quickly. The limited seating area was very crowded.

• Visited April 2013
“Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Soup is really good. Highly recommend for everyone to try. You will not be disappointed Lot of traffic in and out, but that's because it is so good.

Galesburg, Illinois
“Good place for soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The New England Soup Factory is similar to Panera Bread or St. Louis Bread Company. The soups are very food, and the location is an easy ride on the Green Line.

Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“Heavenly soups, warm and welcoming chef, great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have Marjorie Druker's excellent cookbook, "New England Soup Factory" and have loved all the recipes in her book. I was anxious to try her restaurant. It was an easy ride on the green line "T" from downtown Boston to Brookline Village. The restaurant is visible from the T stop of that same name. On the day we went there (June 12, 2012) she offered 14 different kinds of soups! There were so many to choose from that it would have been difficult anywhere else, but her staff gave samples! It was still hard to choose, since they were all so delicious, but my husband and I settled on chilled ginger and snap pea soup. Divine! In addition to the wonderful soups, she also serves creative sandwiches and wraps plus very tasty and satisfying cookies and other desserts. She happened to be out in the dining room when we were there and sat down to talk with us, giving us wonderful ideas of places to eat and to buy unusual foods while in the Boston area. I am an avid cook and this was very special for me. She is warm and knowledgeable and I appreciated the time she took. We've not been to her other locations but if it's her soup that is served (and it is) then we know they will be great. At the Brookline restaurant here are a few tables and a counter available. One can also ask for take-out. A perfect lunch.

• Visited June 2012