“Good place for soup”
Review of New England Soup Factory - CLOSED

New England Soup Factory
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The New England Soup Factory is similar to Panera Bread or St. Louis Bread Company. The soups are very food, and the location is an easy ride on the Green Line.

There are newer reviews for New England Soup Factory

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have Marjorie Druker's excellent cookbook, "New England Soup Factory" and have loved all the recipes in her book. I was anxious to try her restaurant. It was an easy ride on the green line "T" from downtown Boston to Brookline Village. The restaurant is visible from the T stop of that same name. On the day we went there (June 12, 2012) she offered 14 different kinds of soups! There were so many to choose from that it would have been difficult anywhere else, but her staff gave samples! It was still hard to choose, since they were all so delicious, but my husband and I settled on chilled ginger and snap pea soup. Divine! In addition to the wonderful soups, she also serves creative sandwiches and wraps plus very tasty and satisfying cookies and other desserts. She happened to be out in the dining room when we were there and sat down to talk with us, giving us wonderful ideas of places to eat and to buy unusual foods while in the Boston area. I am an avid cook and this was very special for me. She is warm and knowledgeable and I appreciated the time she took. We've not been to her other locations but if it's her soup that is served (and it is) then we know they will be great. At the Brookline restaurant here are a few tables and a counter available. One can also ask for take-out. A perfect lunch.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great soups; lots of really unique recipes like African peanut and Thai butternut as well as excellent salads and sandwiches. it would however be great if they had a size between pint and 24 oz!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

From time to time I'll look online to see what NESF has for the soup of the day. When they have the Eggplant Parm soup, I make the 25 minute drive and stock up. It's the most delicious soup. Hearty and thick and so filling. The rolls that come with the soup are available in white or grain and are chewy on the outside and soft of the inside...delish! In the summer, the cold soups are also wonderful -- chocolate cherry, peach, blueberry...more like dessert than soup. They have 7 or 8 varieties of soup everyday, including vegan options.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Fast good food. I had the lobster stew and an Italian sandwich. The stew came in a 12 oz bowl. It was very good with lots of small pieces of lobster. However it was just a little too salty for my taste. For two lobster stews amd two half sandwiches and two sodas I spent a little under $23.