“Really good hard yogurts”
Review of J.P. Licks

J.P. Licks
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Brookline
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our good friends and neighbor recommended this place to us.
We tried the soft yogurt x and pomegranate x. Very good.

Then tried hard yogurt coffee Oreo. Heavenly. Texture is exactly like ice cream. Careful, tasting this after soft yogurt x make this very strong, probably makes the coffee taste bitter. Which tells me this is really good coffee ice cream, I mean hard yogurt. After a few licks, your taste buds adjust back..

Little pricey but worth the cost...

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The rock star of Boston ice cream. Totally worth it. Watch a movie at Coolidge Corner and head to JP Licks after the show. Infused coffee is my favorite flavor.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I hear people speaking with reverence and joy about JP Licks as it seems to be a Boston ice cream institution. I've seen them all over the place, but I finally went in to buy ... a coffee. I know, I know- I should have bought ice cream but I honestly just wanted coffee. They had a great variety of ice cream and frozen yogurt flavors and they looked very tempting. Maybe if the day had been hotter... Anyway, I got a caramel coffee. It was okay. Way overpriced. It wasn't mixed very well as the top was incredibly bitter, flavored by the espresso shots and the caramel was clinging to the sides. The line moved slowly, and it seemed a bit chaotic once you got to the register. I probably won't return for coffee. I actually spotted another coffee place a few stores down and gave my partner the JP coffee and bought a new one.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This ice cream is very overrated. I live in CT and have the pleasure of living near the best ice cream in New England so this place did not impress me. It is also very expensive for the amount you get.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

You can't go wrong. It's usually crowded but the line goes fast. Overall, a great place. Better to get food and go.