“Overall, a good choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
Beech Tree Inn- Brookline
Ranked #6 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Overall, a good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip on which my husband joined for some fun time as well. Overall, I found the Inn to be an excellent choice. It's in an excellent location, very close to the T and easy to access with a number of excellent restaurants close by. The staff were very helpful and it was no problem to leave my bags when I checked in very early and left quite late. Breakfast was good and plentiful and people came and left so the dining room was never crowded. Throughout the day, there were snacks in the kitchen and I loved snagging a fresh-baked cookie on my way out the door. Yum!

I stayed in two rooms as the one I wanted did not open up until later in my stay. I first had Room one, which used to be the porch. The bathroom was down the hall and shared with another room. We rarely wanted it at the same time and a robe was provided. This was no problem at all. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed watching a movie from their large collection one night. The only problem is the amount of light and noise that enter the room as the sun rises. The shutters by no means block it. The earplugs took care of the noise, but the face mask was no match for the sunlight.

We then moved to Room Ten, which was quieter, but even brighter as the curtains do not pull shut. Also, due to the positioning of the TV, if you want to watch it, it's hard. They had made sure we were aware it was only a double bed, but I only thought of the width, not the length. It is shorter than a queen bed. If you are taller than 5'9", I would not recommend it; my husband was uncomfortable.

Overall, I fund the Inn to be a good value in a good location. Catching the T to go downtown was very easy and a staff member was always available to help with any questions. The place was very clean and had good and varied food. I would stay here again without hesitation. The things I mentioned are just to make folks aware, not to scare them off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bluebnt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rosseau, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

It really does feel like home. Janette and her staff genuinely welcomed us back and treated us like family. It's a lovely, laid-back inn, in a quiet, peaceful part of the city, but still close to downtown Boston. There are always fresh-baked goodies on the kitchen table, friendly smiles, and comfortable, spacious, light-filled rooms. A park just around the corner for walking the dog. Yes, they are pet-friendly too. It's very, very difficult to find nice accommodations that are also willing to accept dogs, but the Beech Tree welcomes our dogs with fluffy beds and bowls and biscuits. I would not even consider staying anywhere else in Boston.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank paulabanks
cherry hill nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed in many bed and breakfasts over the years, and this one is absolutely hands down the best one I've ever stayed in. Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would stay in a sterile overpriced hotel in Boston, when they can stay here! It's an extremely charming, comfy inn in Brookline, about a block's walk from the T and only about three stops to Boston, no more than 10 minutes or so.

My room was sooo comfortable and so wonderful to relax in after a very long day at an intense conference. Every amenity here is well thought out, to the smallest detail. My room even had CD's of soothing music with a CD player, for those who enjoy such things while falling asleep. It has a huge DVD collection and I caught up with Homeland one evening after a particularly gruesome day. My room was large, the bed comfortable, with windows on two full walls, and very tastefully decorated. My bathroom was down the hall, no big deal, and it was supplied with a thick bathrobe and upper class shampoos and conditioners. THe dining room had an electric fireplace, newspapers, comfy chairs and a 'radio' playing music from the 1940s. Breakfasts and afternoon snacks are the best I"ve ever had at a B & B. Outstanding coffee & a huge variety of loose tea are available at all times. The morning breakfast included several homemade cakes, quiche, hard boiled eggs, breads and homemade jams and butter, fruits, stewed fruits, Greek yogurt, cheeses and dates, cereals, homemade granola, nuts...I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff too. It was outstanding! And then in the afternoon, there were pumpkin breads, molasses cookies, chocolate cookies, biscotti, fruits, etc.

The people were extremely friendly, the guests very interesting and friendly, and as a single woman, I felt very safe.

VERY strongly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank momtipsfortraveling
Bertrange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I love this place. You walk in and the smell of baking fills you with delight and comfort. Clean rooms. Comfy beds. Lovely breakfast. Perfect convenient location. The feeling of safety especially for females on their own. Janette is wonderful and so kind. Thank you for making my stay which was a bit on the stressful side so pleasant. Oh, Wifi too.

Room Tip: Just look at the photos. They are accurate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are looking for a very comfortable, wonderfully located, competently run and scrupulously clean place to stay in the middle of Brookline at a reasonable (for Brookline/Boston) price, look no further. This is not luxury and there is very little public space, but it is well tended and I have to disagree with the previous review in terms of staff support. I had very helpful attention to a couple of simple needs.

I was alone this trip and stayed in Room 5. I would guess it is one of the least 'fancy' rooms, but I found it very comfortable. it was a bit interesting in the morning because my bath was not 'en suite'. In fact, the bath (totally private for my use) was out the room door, through the corner of the dining area, and a step down the hall. Very nice robe and (tiny) slippers were provided. The room (a former sunporch) was small but comfortable, nicely decked out in white wicker (in keeping with the sunporch). The bathroom was, again, squeeky clean and well equipped. The bed was comfortable with good lighting for reading. If there was a drawback (didn't bother me), it might be that there is no sitting room/living room area - at least none I found. There is a dining room with seating for eight (11 if you count wing charis along the sides). I'm sure that could be overloaded, but this is not the first B&B I've stayed in that could not seat the entire houseful all at once.

Breakfast had lots of choices. Cereals, different yogurts, individual bowls of fresh fruits, lots of different juices, many different fresh breads and pastries. No fancy egg dishes or bacon, etc. Certainly enough for me and more choices that I cared to try. It might not be up to some people's more demaning gourmet B&B breakfast standards. In the afternoon evenings, cookies, cakes, spiced nuts, etc. were freshly baked.

For getting around Brookline or getting into Boston, the location could not be beat. The inn is two/three blocks from the C and D Green lines (Beacon and Boyleston/Route 9 respectively) and two blocks from Coolidge Corner (pretty much the heart of Brookline). If you're driving, on site/off street parking is available for $7.00 per night. Parking otherwise in Brookline is flat out totally impossible,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed for one night in September 2012 and would not recommend staying here to anyone. There were not enough seats at the breakfast table for everyone so some people had to stand up while eating breakfast. I had to drag my luggage through the dining room and kitchen when it was time to leave, but there was no room for the people standing up and eating to move around so that I could get out of there! If you pay with a credit card like I did, the innkeeper will charge your credit card for more nights than you agreed to stay and then you have to fight them through your credit card company, which is what I am doing now. Don't take the risk of staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tazzycat
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

It is a very charming place indeed. very comfortable beds, nice TV, the sevice was great, and the breakfast was homemade, and very good, the inn keeper, did such an excellent job of baking all day long. homemade chocolate chip cookies, coffee, tea all day long, yes the stair case is narrow and if a person has a disability would need to stay on first floor, but Boston is a very expensive place to visit and I found this Bed and breakfast very inexpensive. so old world charm is what you want and not break your wallet. stay here. near a T stop. easy to get around.

Room Tip: book months in advance, sells out quick , good value
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Fenway / Kenmore
The Inn at Longwood Medical
Fenway / Kenmore
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway

Been to Beech Tree Inn- Brookline? Share your experiences!