“PERFECT little local B&B for a parent dropping by...”
Review of On the Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
On the Park
Ranked #1 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I've have lived in Brookline for 4 years, and a visit from my father was long overdue. I wanted to set him up with a comfortable, local place---- 'On the Park' was perfect! I found it through googlemaps/trip advisor, and saw the numerous, positive reviews. So I called them up. Just talking with Betsy made me sure of this place.

As soon as we checked into 'On the Park', I was happy with my decision. It's a house with so much history and many family photos. We had a great weekend. It's a great place to just sit, relax, and talk--inside or outside. I am very pleased with hosting my dad at 'On the Park'.

Quick points
> Good location, in very safe neighborhood--not to urban--across from a park,
> Great accessibility to coffee shops, eateries, and Coolidge Corner--a popular area
> Boston Metro (T) --B line-- is close by
> Betsy and Marcos were very accommodating, even including me in the breakfast
> Breakfast was nice granola, yogurt, bagel and fresh fruit!
> We absolutely loved the company of a dog!
> My dad said he slept so easily (Room #2) and really liked all of photos and history of the house.

Thanks so much Betsy and Marcos!

David

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed November 3, 2008

Betsy and Marcus were flexible and easygoing. They were very knowledgeable about the area and extremely friendly. This made for a leisurely experience!

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Our oldest son lives in Brookline, MA. It is so hard to find affordable, clean accommodations in the area. We have found our place!
On The Park is a beautiful home with warm, cozy rooms. The breakfasts were full of choices from quiche to muffins to cereal. The dog and cat were charming!
Betsy is a delightful hostess ( Marcos was out of town) and made us feel most welcome.
We will definitely visit again!
Thanks, Betsy!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at "On the Park." Betsy and Marcos are congenial and accommodating. Breakfasts were lovely. The room was very comfortable and the lounge provided a place to read, visit, watch TV or enjoy the charming cat and dog that live there.

The B&B is easy to reach from the turnpike. Once there you can park your car as it’s an easy walk to the “T” to head into the city. There are nice restaurants in the neighborhood along the route to the T. A comfortable place for a woman traveling alone.

The large home is welcoming and beautiful. I can imagine how lovely it would be to sit on the second floor porch in the summertime and sip some tea.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We visited Boston for 4 nights as part of our 12 day vacation to New England. It was almost impossible to find an affordable place in Boston or nearby where the "T" was going to. Finally we came across the "On the park" - Booking went easy via the phone. When we finally got there we were not disappointed: The location was excellent, only a few blocks away from the next "T" station in a very peaceful and pretty neighborhood. Our room was lovely, the (shared) bathroom was small but fine, and the house was filled with personal memories and flair (e.g. jazz music running already at breakfast). The breakfast was good, the coffee excellent.
In addition, the owners Marcos and especially Betsy really went the extra mile to make our stay a pleasant one. They provided us with a lot of useful hints and were very courteous.
All in all, I would recommend this B&B to anyone. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at On the Park. It was comfortable walking distance from the "T stops". The neighborhood was peaceful and quiet . I loved listening to the birds singing each morning and the flowers around added to the quiet pastoral feeling of the home. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfasts were perfect with fresh fruit, fresh bagels and yogurt.
Besty and Marcos were perfect hosts and shared my love of great Jazz.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2008

This wonderful B&B feels like home. After a week of travelling in many different places, we needed a nice quiet, comfy place. We enjoyed the sun and views of the park from the upstairs terrace and downstairs porch. Watching TV in the living room while waiting for our friend to finish his errands in town, just felt relaxing like at home. Our hosts had a great collection of tourist information, and more unusual books and maps for use while there. They also answered our questions thoroughly, were interesting to talk with, and provided us WiFi. The location is convenient - in a quiet neighbourhood, halfway between two different T lines (both green; a little slow, tempted to figure out the bus network next time).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Brookline Longwood Medical
enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
The Bertram Inn
The Bertram Inn
#2 of 11 in Brookline
Coolidge Corner Guest House

Been to On the Park? Share your experiences!