“Great local deli”

Michael's Deli
Ranked #18 of 205 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The deli advertises that it won several local review awards and they deserve it. Not friendly and the sandwiches are big but they were delicious!

There are newer reviews for Michael's Deli

Reviewed April 5, 2012

1. Spartan interior. cold. Don't expect to enjoy your meal sitting down.
2. Excellent Turkey sandwich.
3. Not the cleanest place on earth.
4. Forget the coffee. Its terrible.
5. No credit cards

1  Thank JawsBoston
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Michaels is a bit of a hole in the wall deli, with pretty tasty fare and a good selection of meats, including fresh beef tongue and lox. They also serve what I think is homemade bagels as well as homemade crispy pickle spears. Love the corned beef. Service is great. You can dine in, but it's small, and they focus on quality rather than a dining experience. Prices are 7-10 for a decent size sandwich.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This little deli in Coolidge Corner has probably the best deli sandwiches I've ever had in Boston. I have tried several items on the menu, but always go back to my favorite: Mike's Choice. It's a roastbeef sandwich and it's to die for...my husband always gets the corned beef sandwich..he says it reminds him of the sandwiches he used to get at the delis when he lived in NJ. The hours aren't always great - they close a little too early so I can't get there after the end of my work days but it's a great place to go for lunch on Saturdays!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We go here every time we're in Boston and love the food. Any of the sandwiches are to die for, but especially the BLT on pumpernickel. My wife and I split it and it's still almost more than we can eat.