“amazing, fresh seafood!”

Lineage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: On the T, The Beacon Street Green line (C) train, at the Coolidge Corner stop. On the Bus, Take the 66 Bus to Coolidge Corner.
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My friend and I were a little concerned when we saw the seaside decor and older clientele that we had made a mistake reserving here. We need not have worried. Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared and our server helped us pick out a complimentary bottle of wine.

We started with a few oysters and oh how I wish we had ordered more! (we almost did...)They were so fresh! whatever you do, don't ruin them with cocktail sauce. Our entrees were good as well, a salmon dish and a scallop dish. Both were cooked to perfection and didn't have (or need) and sauce. Nothing worse then mediocre seafood disguised with a heavy sauce. The portions were perfect-we finished everything and weren't left hungry or stuffed.

The dessert selection didn't impress me, especially for the price, but we were full anyway.
I will certainly return! Next time i might just order a ton of oysters...

They do offer a steak, burger and chicken dish but I wouldn't recommend coming here unless you want seafood. That's their speciality!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is an expertly run restaurant. I was very pleased with my scallops, a dish I like to have when I am near the ocean. We would certainly return again.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This contemporary American restaurant serving very fresh seafood has that charming neighborhood feel, where the bartenders and servers are personable and provide excellent service. Great tip: Oysters at the bar every day of the week from 5-7pm are only $1 each. The brioche bread they give you to munch on is also amazing!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The lobster tacos are worth the trip alone.
Nothing else need be said!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We revisited Lineage after reading the excellent reviews. We were underwhelmed. The service seemed alternately officious and amateurish, and the ambience very subdued. But the food was undeniably fresh of flavour and well presented, and tasted good.