“Air Pizza at 15 Locations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts
“Air Pizza at 15 Locations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I used to go to Il Panino in Cambridge, MA because it was described to me as New York pizza from someone who should know and it was greasy, cheesy, drippy. It was a huge schlep over and trying to park was so evil often I went home empty handed. They closed. Now what?

Upper Crust is within walking distance in Brookline. You watch the guys flipping and flouring right from the street. The toppings divide into meat, seafood, vegetables and cheeses. The crust is so very thin there's no grease and I call it air pizza.. I'm sure you can't get fat eating it.

The staff is accommodating while they pour beer, wine and juggle the phones. They have salads Greek and Roman, calzone, whole wheat crust on request, and free delivery if you're lucky enough to be in greater Boston or Key West but not at the same time.

The corporate office actively supports community organizations.

In this the second week of the first month of the new year, watch out for buffalo and barbeque chicken, Hawaiian with bacon, steak and Gorgonzola pies if you're bound to stick to the diet. If you're looking for a dark corner, er, nope. It's busy all the time and the TVs run nonstop. Otherwise, order up. It's always 20 minutes except when it's 30 minutes. Still.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kitty228

Chicago, Illinois
“Can only speak for takeout...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't speak for the restaurant itself. The crust isn't merely thin, it was cracker thin. If you like super thin crusts, this is the place for you. The toppings and sauce, ok, but not memorable. I know this is a popular restaurant, so perhaps were are in the minority in our opinion. Or, our pizza was made on an off night.
Still, we were a bit disappointed, expecting something more flavorful.

Visited December 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gourmet pizza at little cost to you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Upper Crust is a wonderful place to grab a slice of pizza or share a whole pizza with your friends or go the greedy route and eat it all yourself. Either way you will not be sorry because the pizza is baked to perfection. The crust is thin and just wonderful and the options are tantalizing.

Visited December 2010
Brookline, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Completely Overrated, Poor Quality, & Stomach Pain”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I ordered a White Spinach Pizza on whole wheat crust this past Friday night for delivery. Because of food allergies I ordered my half without mozzarella. When we sat down and opened the box the pizza was very thin, dry and looked like an after thought. My half had shriveled pieces of spinach & literally 2-3 tiny pieces of feta cheese on each piece. There was no fresh garlic to be seen on either half. My husbands side had a thin rubbery layer of mozzarella cheese along with the 2-3 small pieces of feta and the shriveled pieces of scattered spinach. Because we had already waited so long we reluctantly ate it since it was already so late. BIG MISTAKE! Both of us had stomach pains within an hour of eating it and had upset for a couple days following. We will NEVER eat there or order for delivery. What a joke that people spend money at this place or that they are called upper crust! Horrible experience!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank RedKat_11
Mission Viejo, California
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

We were in the area visiting. There are many national chain restaurants on the street but tried Upper Crust since they are not. The pizza is thin crust (regular or wheat), and they offer about 30 toppings. Our pizza arrived very hot and was excellent. Highly recommended, especially if you're in the mood for pizza. They have other Italian food and salads as well.

• Visited April 2011