“Welcome to the neighborhood, please stick around” 4 of 5 bubbles

Barcelona
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Barcelona meets Brookline, and a sophisticated Boston neighborhood has a wine bar to call its own. A historic town located minutes from downtown Boston, Brookline is the perfect mixture of urban and country living. From large estates and recreational parks to boutiques and pedestrian-filled streets, Brookline offers a city atmosphere in a suburban setting. Located in Washington Square at 1700 Beacon Street, Barcelona is the newest addition to this lively neighborhood dining destination. A mix of antique wire glass, steel and reclaimed wood gives our newly built space a vintage appeal. The rustic, polished environment is the next best thing to eating tapas and drinking wine in our restaurant's namesake city. With hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and spacious patio, the space has a European charm which fills the menu as well.
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Welcome to the neighborhood, please stick around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Let me start of by mentioning that of every style and variety of food out there, Tapas is my absolute favorite so I was beyond thrilled when Barcelona opened less than a mile from my apartment. I went on a Thursday, and it was great to see a very vibrant weeknight bar seen. This was my second visit there, but my first time actually trying the food. The menu offers good variety and is less pricey than some of its competitors. Highlights include the truffled “bikini” (grilled ham & cheese) and caramelized brussel sprouts. Overall, the food is tasty although the portions are a tad on the small size, even for a tapas place. What’s most apparent at Barcelona is that everyone and I mean EVERYONE that works there wants to make sure it succeeds. Every single person is friendly, welcoming, well-trained and couldn’t be more helpful. This particular restaurant location has struggled over the years, so fingers crossed that this place reverses the trend. It’s definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank LB02111

• Turkish first
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Great tapas, lots of energy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Made reservations a couple of days in advance, which was definitely a good idea. We had a table for 4 at 6:45PM, and it was good, because the place was completely packed!

Service was great - the host was very welcoming and accommodating. We were seated and ordered a wine, even though only 2 of us were there.

The waiter was very nice and as soon as our friends came we quickly ordered a bottle of wine and then some tapas.

Everything was great, although I don't think the waiter was that knowledgeable about wines. The wine was great, regardless.

Tapas were great and the waiter suggested 3 per person. We did a total of 10 dishes for the 4 of us and it was sufficient. I would suggest the calamari, and the chorizo - both were delicious!

If you are heading there on a friday or saturday, definitely get a reservation! We'll probably try again in a few months - great tapas (even though it's a "chain")!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“The tapas were perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife, son and girlfriend accompanied me to this treat. Every dish was balanced. No excess garlic or hot pepper. The excellent sweetbreads were my mainstay, although my companions (as most Americans) are put off by offal (what a pity). Desserts were large. Service by friendly waiters was no short of Downton Abbey. Will come back to the site of our long favorite, now gone Vinny Testa's!

New York City, New York
“Unexpected bar dining. Full menu. Full belly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went here with my Mom Friday night and we got there at around 6:30pm. It was a 30 minute wait for a table, so we sat at the bar where we shortly decided to stay. Full menu. Had a delicious meal of a some tapas (skirt steak, migas, and tortilla espanola) and the verduras paella. Our waiter/bartender Owen had a great personality and made the whole bar dining experience fantastic. It got really crowded around 7pm and people started to huddle around us reminding us we were eating at the bar, but not unpleasant just clearly a popular place. After some rose sangrias I switched to the bourbon spice rack per the recommendation of our server. Fantastic. No drop left behind. We finished with the apple crisp of perfect proportion, temperature, and ice cream. We left around 8:15ish and the place was packed. The ambiance, energy, and quality of service will have be back the next time I'm in town visiting my Mom.