“Great Middle Eastern Dinner Platters”

Shawarma King Restaurant II
Ranked #73 of 205 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have been here twice for dinner and got two different special platters. Each comes with the special (meat or veggie) + rice, salad, pickles and flatbread. The okra stew and eggplant moussaka are great and the portions sizable.

There are newer reviews for Shawarma King Restaurant II

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was not overwhelmed by the food, but this takeout place had the nicest staff. They should get an award. One of them spent several minutes talking to me about ingredients which I appreciated. Another let me try one of their special beverage concoctions before giving me an entire cup (glad he did as I did not like it!) This is so unusual in a take out place. I really appreciated it.
As for the food, well, I had the okra which was ok, but the rice was on the hard side so I cannot give it a real high rating. The lemonade, on the other hand, was worth a trip there. They make it with rosewater. Not from a mix-very good.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The shawarma was dry and hard and tasteless. The salad was old, almost fermented, shriveled. The vegetables (onions and peppers) were bland and tasteless. The worst though was the sauce. If it hadn't been slightly white, I would have said it was water. Instead of the luscious, juicy meal I was expecting, I wound up tossing three meals. The chicken was even drier than the beef/lamb (in reality, it was all beef). No care was taken in making this food.

1  Thank Sregnis
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stopped in to Shawarma King because it was nearby to our hotel, and it was a nice surprise. We were offered taster samples of a few of the dishes that interested us with detailed explanations of the ingredients. The food was prepared quickly, the portions were generous and the taste was great! It's not a linen table cloth, linger over your meal kind or a place, but instead quick tasty food served on paper plates or packaged to go. I'd go back for sure!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is one of my anchor spots....anchor in that it keeps me tied to the Boston area with a quality I can always count on. Lunch and dinner hours you can find yourself fighting for a place at a table. I like to go in off hours where I can spread out and chat with the guys behind the counter. Even though I am tempted by their ever-changing hot meal specialties like baked kafta with potatoes, or okra stew with vegetables, I usually order one of their combination roll up sandwiches like the tabbouli and baba ghanouj all squeezed together with veggies, then toasted. I follow that with their homemade rise pudding and I'm set for hours.