“Great tapas restaurant”
Review of Taberna de Haro

Taberna de Haro
Reserve with OpenTable
Taberna de Haro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 210 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: St. Mary's
Transit: St. Mary's T stop, Green Line, C train
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I really enjoyed the ambiance, outside seating and service... that being said I care more about reviewing the food/drinks.

They have an excellent drink menu with a few specialized cocktails that we tried and enjoyed.

We got griddled pigs ears which was the best thing we ate all night. Crunchy, salty, it tasted like amazing bacon. The patatas bravas which I always get were some of the best and came with an excellent spicy red sauce. The sauce actually had a little heat which I appreciated since I hate it when they claim its spicy and its not. We got green beans with ham which was probably my least favorite dish of the night. It was still tasty, heavy on the garlic which I like, but the pieces of ham were chopped so small it was difficult to taste them, the beans overpowered the dish. Another great dish were the frogs legs. I loved the seasoning and garlic oil they were cooked in. Their were 3 good sized servings of legs, had a very clean "white-fish" taste.

Overall I really enjoyed the restaurant and look forward to going back with more people so I can taste additional dishes.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I liked the atmosphere, but it was ridiculously overpriced for what I received. $14.00 will buy you 10 tiny (smallest size) shrimp in olive oil. $7.95 will buy you 6 asparagus spears with a little bit of mayonnaise. At least the food was flavorful. Just wanted you all to know before you go. If you've got a ton of cash to spend, then enjoy.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Taberna de Haro used to be one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Ah, such nostalgia for what once was. We could sit outside and eat delicious tapas in a friendly atmosphere. No longer. They have recently doubled the size of the restaurant and skimped on both the quality of the food and the warmth of the reception. For example, they used to give a little bean puree amuse bouche with bread to nibble on while deciding what to order. Now they still have the bean puree, but it's $9. Nondescript bread came to the the table, but when we asked for olive oil to go with it, we were told that it was $12 for the oil. Portion sizes, even for tapas, were too small considering the prices. And finally, when we asked for help in ordering a wine, the server and the owner basically looked at the wine list and took a guess. No, we are not going back to what was one of our favorite places.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Whytnee was our server and was excellent. She made recommendations for our Cava selection which were appropriate for the style we sought.

We ordered tapas for sharing. The spinach and eggplant were hits. Some others were passable but not outstanding. For our final selections we asked Whytnee for suggestions.
The pork tenderloin and chirizo were spot on.

Her service in general was excellent, even when it became crowded.

Lastly, I was impressed that the clear glass light fixtures were spotless and loved the antique multi-filament bulbs.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Six college friends and I met at T de H for dinner and had. Fantastic meal. The owner suggested a wonderful wine for our meal and we ordered multiple course of tapas. Our favorite was the eggplant, but everything else was great too. Perfect size for sharing, plentiful bread for dipping and good service. Attentive but not invasive. This is our second reunion there and we plan on doing it again soon! Expansion is wonderful!