“Exceptional Dining Experience”
Review of La Morra

La Morra
Reserve with OpenTable
La Morra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 208 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Brookline Village/Greenline
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Friends from Brookline took us here for dinner this evening. Our second floor seats by the window were perfect for watching the deluge outside and the gathering crowd inside. For starters, homemade bread and ricotta spread were generously offered by our server. One of us ordered the fixed price dinner that included salad, first and second plates and dessert. Outstanding. My veal was cooked and spiced well and the creamy firm polenta and caponata accompanying the entree did not disappoint. Service was attentive and not rushed but we did dine early. Thanks Jeff and Joe for bringing us here!

1  Thank Debbisam

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had been to La Morra a few years ago on a busy Friday evening. What I remember about that night was a lot of activity, noisy and a good meal. This time we arrived early on a Sunday evening and the experience was delightful. We had a leisure meal; quieter restaurant to chat and the food was amazing.

My friend chose the fixed price menu and had a nice assortment of fresh greens, pasta, blue fish and dessert. I selected different specials - stuffed squash blossoms, salmon, salad with local greens and vegetables, and roasted corn side dish. Everything was delicious. All the local vegetables were wonderful.

The sorbet assortment with fresh fruit was refreshing.

The staff was welcoming and attentive.

I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I tried this restaurant for the second time. The first time my husband and I went with another couple based on their recommendation. The food was boring and salty. A couple years have passed since the so we thought about giving it another try since its in the neighborhood. We went with a party of 11 on a Thursday night and they were able to accommodate us quickly. The atmosphere is pleasant as is the staff. But this is a restaurant and once again the food was terrible. I order chicken that was so salty I could barely eat it. The children ordered a pasta and only 1 of the 5 kids (ages 11-17) ate their dinner. It was pasta!!! how can you make simple pasta taste terrible. I go out to eat frequently enough and have only come across one other restaurant before La Morra that the food was barely edible.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just when you think Chef Josh can't out do himself, something miraculous like spinach ricotta dumplings in an indescribable reduction elixir and a soft shell crab BLT salad appear on the summer menu at La Morra! This is food as art on your tongue! One has to eat slowly to savor every bite because you want to delay the finish of these amazing dishes the same way you hate to see the end of a good book or movie! Farro salad with fruit and nuts.....orrechiette with crispy buttery bread crumbs with asparagus and parmigiana! what more can I say?

Reviewed June 13, 2012

La Morra features Northern Italian cuisine, but specializes in offering lots of options and encouraging the dinner to sample and enjoy many different dishes. They do this with their small plate Cicchetti and Antipasti, and by offering small and large portions of most, if not all, menu items. The food is excellent, imaginative, nicely presented and reasonably priced. The staff is as friendly as you will find anywhere while providing wonderful and professional service. We have dinned in the larger upstairs space with exposed brick and the smaller more intimate room downstairs with the bar, an exposed stone wall and large windows onto the street. We have fond memories of all our meals here and look forward to many more.