“Super Delicious!”

Zaftigs Delicatessen
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Brookline
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Super Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband, youngest son and I came here for dinner on a Wednesday night. When we stepped in we were greeted by a hostess and taken to a table at the very back of the dining room even though there was only maybe 3 other tables taken. Not sure why we were put back there but it ended up that it worked as my son fell asleep literally as soon as we sat down and it was fairly quiet. The waitress brought bagel chips and a delicious spread to go on it. I ordered meatloaf and my husband ordered marinated steak tips. Both meals were delicious and provided a good portion. We also decided to share a slice of Boston Cream Pie for dessert. I don't normally like Boston Cream Pie, but I figured I was in Boston so why not. No wonder I never liked it -- this was nothing like I had ever tasted! OMG it was amazing! Everyone else's totally sucks compared with Zaftigs!
We ended up getting our son a PBJ to bring back, but unfortunately he didn't like it because there was a TON of peanut butter on it. My husband and I thought it was good though. I don't know if we'll ever get back to Brookline, but we may have to make a special trip just for dessert.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brunch brunch brunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you've ever been in Coolidge Corner on a Saturday or Sunday, you know to avoid the mob outside Zaftigs (unless you're a part of that mob)! Because mobs know what's good. The empire eggs. Don't stop until you've had all of the empire eggs!!

Visited September 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Hometown brunch favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I used to come here all the time growing up in the area. Came back for brunch recently and the Challah french toast is just as delicious as I remember it.

Visited October 2013
“Excellent deli, lots of options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Located in the heart of Brookline, home of many Jewish delis, is Zaftigs. One thing is sure; whether or not you are zaftig when you arrive, you are sure to be zaftig (full figured) when you leave.

The deli sandwiches are piled high. Breakfast offers all sorts of egg choices from the eggs Benedict that was ordered by my family to a super pastrami omelet.

Given my family's diet styles, our orders varied from my Vegan whole wheat Lincoln wrap, full of falafel, that my brother also ordered. Mind had a side of hummus as well. The wrap would be better with chopped cucumber inside.

Also ordered was a real homemade chopped liver and an assorted Ashkenazi platter of assorted Jewish foods including kugel, latke, knish and more.

My highlight was the perfectly brined sour tomatoes. Delicious.

The staff was pleasant, even though we arrived at a peak time on late Saturday morning.

Don't forget to try the pastries. They are located right by the front door. Easy takeout. They looked scrumptious.

The place is adequately clean, but no better. This would be one thing they could do to add another star.

New York City, New York
“A Touch of Brooklyn in Brookline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's not quite New York, but it's pretty much as close as Boston comes to that cross between an old-school deli and reliable neighborhood diner where families, couples and seniors all come together to hearty, traditional breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner made with fresh ingredients. Come hungry as the portions are good-sized. Expect lines during peak times.

Visited August 2013