“Average deli food”

Zaftigs Delicatessen
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami
“Average deli food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

service was spotty for a late breakfast. Had to hunt down the waitress for another cup of coffee, then she left the hot pot on the knee wall next to our bench. Food was average

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
“Great update on a traditional deli!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family ate here while visiting my daughter in her new apartment in Brookline. I grew up with traditional delis in New Jersey. The food here is terrific, while it's definitely an updated take on the traditional deli. So they don't keep kosher - neither do I! I had the whitefish fillet plate, which was delicious. Absolutely everything I saw go past our table on the way to someone else's table, I wanted to have. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2013
West Babylon, New York
“A great place to eat!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have eaten there 3 times already and have made this our go-to location. We have never been disappointed with our meal selections.

Visited January 2013
Boston, MA
“Went here on a date.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The food was delicious and Zaftigs offers all my favorites (from growing up in Chicago, around a lot of delis). The thing I dislike about it is that there is always a line to get in!

Boston, Massachusetts
“A local institution for a reason.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

What can I say about Zaftigs that hasn't been said? It's almost certainly the best breakfast place around, though you'll end up waiting for it on the weekends. They do the breakfast menu all day, so I recommend waiting for dinnertime when it's much less crowded to try the AMAZING banana-stuffed French toast or the San Francisco Joe's Special. Their sandwiches are also not to be missed, though. I love to order a Jack & Marion's, which is corned beef, pastrami, and tongue on perfectly soft cissel bread. So simple, and so perfect. Their meats are truly divine. If the crowds have kept you away, don't let them for much longer-- go to Zaftigs!

• Visited August 2012