“Wicked good meal!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: The Green Line - C train stop at Washington Square is directly across the street from The Fireplace.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and i ate there for the first time on advice from my sister. THe restaurant was packed but with reservations we were sat very quickly. Our waitress was super nice, helpfull, and friendly. I had a pumpkin beer rimed in cinnamon and sugar, it was great! We both had a salad and steak and there were no complaints. The food was wonderful and i loved having the chef bring our meals out to us.

There are newer reviews for The Fireplace

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice selection of beef and seafood. Short ribs were very tasty. Had a decent wine list mostly moderately priced, but nice wines. Service was also very good and friendly.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a fantastic time at the Fireplace. The staff was so attentive and the food was excellent. We had our choices of two different salads; I chose the Cobb Salad and it was wonderful as was the bread. We also ordered a fruit and cheese plate to start and it was so great I tried to replicate it at home for friends. We had our choice of two different desserts and one of my companions ate her entire dessert (the blueberry tartlet) and she never eats an entire dessert. I would eat here again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Fireplace Roast All Natural Spit roasted Chicken is the special and the real winner here. Get reservations. It always seems busy and bar is not very large.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Go to the Fireplace and try the cheesy corn porridge, it's amazing. I also had a great rare steak, and some garlic muscles. The service was good for a very large party that we went with.

They could have used more beer choices, but overall this was a great experience.