“Thai Food Done Right”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are located in the heart of Coolidge Corner. Green Line "C" Cleveland Circle, Coolidge Corner Stop.
Description: At Khao Sarn, we know Thai Food. Our Chef and owners are Thai and our food is authentically Thai. Made from the freshest ingredients available, our food is simply what we are known for. Our menu is extensive and we offer dishes from all over Thailand. Our mixologists have a plethora of knowledge on wine and cocktails. Some of our specialties include the classic Lychee Martini, Rose Essence Mojito, and a myriad of fruity creations like the velvety Frozen Mango Cabana.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I love Thai food, and a friend of mine who lives in the Brookline area suggested that we have lunch at Khao Sarn. I am glad we did. The restaurant itself is very attractive, spacious, and aesthetically-pleasing. But it's the food that keeps the locals coming back. I ordered duck choo chee and my friend ordered a chicken and pineapple dish, and both were excellent. Large portions, flavorful, and the sauces complemented but did not overpower the food. I was especially pleased with the duck-- the meat was tender, not fatty, and as I said, the restaurant does not scrimp on portion-size, so I had plenty to eat.

We also shared an appetizer of crab rangoon, which was tasty, although not a stand-out. But the entrees made up for that; and the portions were so big that neither of us wanted dessert. We did want drinks however, and that turned out to be a problem. While I can and will praise the food, the service was indifferent. I asked for Thai coffee (a favorite of mine) and the server did not bring it until I asked two more times. My friend had the same problem persuading the server to bring tea. But perhaps we just came on a bad day-- even the best restaurants have them. And the food itself was so good that I am very willing to give Khao Sarn another try.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

There are many thai restaurants in the area, but Khao Sarn is so consistently delicious and is such a great value - it is my favorite. I take many out of town guests here and it never disappoints!

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I am a Thaifood lover and had to return two dishes.
I ordered MILD yellow curry with duck which ce back so spicy and waterey, i was unable to eat. Two thin slices of duck was hidden under carot slices.
I returned this dish and decided to stay away from yellow curry which tasted more like indian cuisine ( too much cumin)
I decided to go with crispy noodle with vegetables.
The crispy noodles came totally crunched in tiny pieces and soaked in molasses.
I was shocked how anyone can offer this as authentic Thai noodles.
The owners daughter came to our table and told me off, telling me , since i am not from Boston i obviously do not know that the Thai food in Boston is always this sweet, and walked away.
Wow!!! I know wherei will not go again.
I have been to four Thai Restaurants in Boston.
All delicious but this one.
I think they are riding too much on old awards.
Papaya salad was very fresh and tasty!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to Khao Sarn for the first time recenlty for lunch and just wanted to take a bucket of their Pad Thai Noodles home with me, so yummy! I think my all time fav place for Pad Thai. Also, had the Chicken with Masaman Curry - fresh ingredients, good flavor. Thom Yum Soup didn't look like it was going to be good, but it was very tasty, and the were very accomodating when asked for tofu instead of chicken in the soup...also, substituted chicken instead for the curry dish. If you go, don't forget to finish off your meal with the mango and sweet sticky rice dessert. A little on the sweet side, but the fresh mango offsets that nicely.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the best Thai food in Brookline. The ambiance is lovely&the service is excellent. I've been patronizing this place for many years&love to introduce it to people. I took my mother here the other day&it was the first time she'd been to a Thai place&she loved it. We both got sweet&sour chicken, expecting it to be breaded/fried the way it is at Chinese restaurants but Thai food is quite healthy. The dish consisted of chicken (not breaded or fried), veggies&white rice. I forgot to ask for brown rice which is available for a small additional charge. This is a place where you can close your eyes&point to anything on the menu&it will be fresh and delicious.