“fast good food”

Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 14, 2012

least expensive and most food for the buck in this college town highly recommend

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have been going to Boca Grande in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, probably since it opened. It's a ritual I look forward to. On a nice day I take a 12 min. walk from work to have lunch there. What I like best is that they serve up a hot plate of Mexican food. On an actual china plate, not a bag, a plate, even though it's counter service. And I eat it with a fork. ,

This is not Mexican food diluted and made unhealthy for the American fast food appetite. This is reasonably authentic and healthful Mexican food that tastes consistently great. And a plate of it is still cheaper than any artery clogging fast food chain I can imagine.

I especially love the steak Mexican plate with refried beans, rice, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa verde. Get the same thing with grilled lemon chicken or carnitas and black beans.

Give it a try. You'll love it.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The tamales are highly suggested - 6$ for an excellent meal.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Large Burritos, good taste, reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

I've been coming to Boca for 7 years, and although the food is in many ways similar to Anna's (including price-wise), I prefer that when you eat-in at Boca they give you proper plates and silverware (unlike at Anna's where you only get paper and plastic). My personal favorites are the Enchiladas (baked in a long-handled ceramic plate with lots of cheese—I usually ask for one chicken and one vegetable, with their delicious spicy green sauce). Another favorite is the Quesadillas— the Guacamole and Sour Cream cost extra, but it makes all the difference! Although I still miss their fresh pressed O.J., I've recently become a fan of their Horchata, a refreshing milky beverage made from rice, almonds and cinnamon, with just enough sugar that it's not too sweet. Very nice overall; probably due for a refresh (they haven't changed anything in the 7 years I've been going there) but still an excellent value for the price!

1  Thank bengregg