“Always the BEST sushi”
Review of Fugakyu

Fugakyu
Ranked #8 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard and St.Paul
Transit: we are only one block away from Coolidge corner stop of Green line "c".
Description: FuGaKyu Japanese Cuisine is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Brookline, Massachusetts. Serving great dishes, such as authentic Japanese sushi and sashimi, you will enjoy a hearty meal that will delight your tastebuds and satisfy even the largest of appetites. Visit us today to experience what the rest of the town has been talking about! When you step through our restaurant doors, you will be immediately surrounded by a large collection of authentic Japanese decor. Combined with the delicious dishes, wonderful aromas, and outstanding service, you get a total dining experience. Established since 1998, our Japanese restaurant offers private rooms and daily specials for your dining enjoyment. We are a non-smoking restaurant. Come in today, enjoy the fresh air, and let your senses be mesmerized by the "scent-illating' aromas of our fine, Japanese cuisine. All of our exotic dishes are made of the freshest ingredients upon order, ensuring vibrant flavors.
New York City, New York
“Always the BEST sushi”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Fugakyu is a must for every visit to the Boston/Brookline area. The sushi is top notch, service solicitous and speedy. We love the house dressing for the house salad, by the way! Run, don't walk, to Fugakyu.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh but let down by rice”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Came here one night with a local who raved about this place. nice ambience and cool set up with different seating areas. The menu is extensive. I ordered my usual sushi favourites and all the fish was fresh but was seriously let down by flakey rice. Sushi fell apart and disappointing for such pricey sushi. Won't be returning.
Poor rating as it is pricey.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Sushi in a very nice Neighborhood”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you decide to stay in Brookline during your next trip to Boston, which I actually recommend, its such an amazing neighborhood, you'll want to check out this fantastic Japanese restaurant. The service is impeccable and the food was very well prepared. I've had a lot of great Japanese food and this ranks with the best I've ever experienced. I'll be back if I'm ever in Boston again.

Visited April 2014
Johannesburg
“Best Japanese I've ever had - anywhere”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I walked in to Fugakyu on a friend's recommendation and ordered Nigiri, Makimono and Teriyaki chicken to go. The fish was fresh - really fresh. The meat was grilled to perfection and perfectly sliced. The sauces were magnificent, chopsticks were premium quality, rice freshly prepared, everything clean, miso was perfect.

I eat sushi frequently - this was the best ever.

The restaurant is beautifully planned, with group booths, koi ponds, superb service and courteous staff. The menu is varied and large - plenty of options. I'm so glad I went.

• Visited April 2014
“Beautiful sushi presentation!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

In this large restaurant in Brookline you are transitioned into a Japanese village. There are private shoji areas as well as booths and an upstairs where a lot of families were eating. We went on a cold winter night and this was a haven for fresh, well prepared Japanese food and sushi. The menu is quite large and the service is very good. We had some shumai and soup starters; my soup was served in a small teapot which was a wonderful way to drink it. the sushi was so beautiful; the tiger roll exquisite. The specialty rolls are large so careful to not over order like we did.

• Visited February 2014