“Ok”
Review of Fugakyu

Fugakyu
Reserve with OpenTable
Fugakyu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard and St.Paul
Transit: we are only one block away from Coolidge corner stop of Green line "c".
Description: FuGaKyu Japanese Cuisine is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Brookline, Massachusetts. Serving great dishes, such as authentic Japanese sushi and sashimi, you will enjoy a hearty meal that will delight your tastebuds and satisfy even the largest of appetites. Visit us today to experience what the rest of the town has been talking about! When you step through our restaurant doors, you will be immediately surrounded by a large collection of authentic Japanese decor. Combined with the delicious dishes, wonderful aromas, and outstanding service, you get a total dining experience. Established since 1998, our Japanese restaurant offers private rooms and daily specials for your dining enjoyment. We are a non-smoking restaurant. Come in today, enjoy the fresh air, and let your senses be mesmerized by the "scent-illating' aromas of our fine, Japanese cuisine. All of our exotic dishes are made of the freshest ingredients upon order, ensuring vibrant flavors.
“Ok”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I came here for my second time with my boyfriend to use a gift card we had received, and we were more "wowed" with the food the first time we came here a few months ago. This time around we ordered the house salad with Japanese ginger dressing (always a hit), 2 orders of the fried shrimp shumai (had it fried for the first time the last time, and it was amazing!), caterpillar roll, crazy maki, spicy tuna maki, and spicy salmon maki. The rolls were pretty good, but the spicy tuna and spicy salmon rolls were a little too overstuffed. Call me crazy for thinking this, but the fish was also a little too mushy as well. For drinks my boyfriend ordered an old fashioned rum drink (just rum with a large ice ball) and I ordered the peach sorbet bellini, which is very good. Overall, this place did not lure me in enough for me to say that we would definitely come back here.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“fresh high quality sushi”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Fresh high quality sushi. Pricey for dinner but very reasonable for lunch. Open late which is awesome. Service is usually really good and food is of very high quality,.

Visited October 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere and good quality sushi”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love sushi, but sometimes on a date night..,sushi restaraunts can be too quiet for me. This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and hum to it. The food Is high quality and the menu is vast. They also have great cocktails.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cool atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We got the tour of the restaurant as we walked all the way to the top and back of the place. It's got a bunch of rooms that make it a more intimate dining experience. The menu was enormous! Lots of great options for dinner! I would have liked to see more fresh sushi, they had a lot of stuff that was fried or had spicy mayo on it. The stuff we had was definitely good though! Worth the stop!

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Huge Restaurant, Very Good Food!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I came here with my boyfriend after receiving a $200 gift card. My boyfriend ordered a Sapporo, and I ordered the peach Bellini that had sorbet in it which was a nice treat! We ordered the fried shrimp shumai and the oysters (only has 3 in the order!). We had never had fried shumai (just steamed before), and we LOVED it fried--incredibly delicious. We are both big oyster fans, but didn't like this dish. They were very small (for the price!), and it had a mixture of basil and watermelon in it. I wouldn't order this dish again.

For our sushi we ordered a couple of different ones, all very good. Overall it was a nice experience. The actual restaurant is like 3 levels, and seemed to be never ending as we were led to our table.

• Visited September 2013