“That's a lot of Sushi!”
Review of Fugakyu

Fugakyu
Reserve with OpenTable
Fugakyu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 208 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard and St.Paul
Transit: we are only one block away from Coolidge corner stop of Green line "c".
Description: FuGaKyu Japanese Cuisine is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Brookline, Massachusetts. Serving great dishes, such as authentic Japanese sushi and sashimi, you will enjoy a hearty meal that will delight your tastebuds and satisfy even the largest of appetites. Visit us today to experience what the rest of the town has been talking about! When you step through our restaurant doors, you will be immediately surrounded by a large collection of authentic Japanese decor. Combined with the delicious dishes, wonderful aromas, and outstanding service, you get a total dining experience. Established since 1998, our Japanese restaurant offers private rooms and daily specials for your dining enjoyment. We are a non-smoking restaurant. Come in today, enjoy the fresh air, and let your senses be mesmerized by the "scent-illating' aromas of our fine, Japanese cuisine. All of our exotic dishes are made of the freshest ingredients upon order, ensuring vibrant flavors.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

.....is what the waitress commented... 90 pieces between 7 of us. In the immortal words of Man vs. Food.... Food won!

All good. Some crazy combinations and more things I need to go back a try. Not sure what some of it was as my wife ordered for me, but there was plenty of flavours and textures. Not the cheapest or the best (as I was informed) but a place I would recommend.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my second visit and it was as outstanding as the first. The food is out of this world and the service prompt and courteous.

My only complaint is that the restaurant can get painfully loud as it becomes more crowded. We were there during restaurant week so it was fairly full. The 2nd floor public dining area would benefit from some tapestries or some other sound absorbing material on the walls to cut down on the high noise level. Conversation was difficult at best. It certainly would not be my first choice for a romantic or business dinner due to the need to shout.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

After a long flight and a late arrival, there was no place to eat that was open after midnight, on a Monday night. However, we stumbled upon Fugakyu and we were elated! Great sushi and soba noodles in addition to being open late!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'll start by mentioning I'm not a fan of seafood...sad, but true. However, my colleague is and was keen to go to this restaurant, and I'm glad we went.

Lovely interior...far bigger than you'd expect with various zones...so great for small or large groups, pleasure, business, etc.

The waiter we had was EXCELLENT, and helped us navigate through the huge choice they provide.

As it was restaurant week in Boston, they had a special deal that provided 3 courses with a whole variety of seafood: my colleague had this, and he loved every aspect of it.

I had spicy duck, and this was pretty good, though I think my colleague enjoyed his meal more :-)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Fugakyu is not an upscale experience. The setting is modest.
However, staff provides very good service. They have a great selection of sushi
and Japanese plates. All well prepared, presented and delicious.