“The most authentic northern Thai place in Boston”

Rod Dee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #63 of 208 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Northern Thai specialties are hard to find--these folks are from Chiang Mai. You can actually order Khao Soi, the traditional peanut-based stew, whereas most other Thai restaurants don't offer it since their proprietors come from Bangkok, in the south.

It's not fancy, but that too evokes the simple eating places found around Chiang Mai.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I ate here for the first time last weekend and loved it. It was the best Thai food I've had in quite some time.

I ordered crispy mango chicken and had to fight to keep my friends away from it. It came with a truly massive portion of rice.

There is no waiter service, you order at the counter and bus your plates. Rod Dee is perfect for a casual, cheap meal. I'm going back this weekend!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I love Rod Dee Thai and am excited their location near Coolidge Corner is opening up again. I think I've only ever had their vegetable/tofu pad thai but it's like $8 or something and feeds me for 2 meals. What more could I possibly want?

Reviewed January 14, 2012

the best pad thai i have ever had!!!! i go there all the time for lunch and i will never get tired of it

Reviewed November 13, 2011