“May I have some more sauce please?”
Review of Village Smokehouse - CLOSED

Village Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went with our daughter, brother in laws, and nephews.

We rounded everyone up and were ready for some brisket. It was dry and didn't have much flavor. The Texas hawg was well worth it and the only thing we ordered that everyone appreciated. Skip the cornbread and you can get the beans at the grocery store because they were straight out of a can.
The waitress however was very nice and set a good pace with one exception. One of my nephews dinner came 5 minutes after everyone else's. I consider that to be a kitchen issue .
Overall I wouldn't go out of my way to go or stay. You decide!

2  Thank Glenna W

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a good choice for a lacking Boston BBQ scene. I had the pork ribs - my litmus test for a smoker joint, and I'd give them a solid 7 out of 10. There were sides aplenty (buttery corn bread), and we certainly did not leave hungry. The wait was very very long, however, my only critique.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Village Smokehouse in Brookline Village is the perfect place for digging in to some good old messy southern ribs and cornbread. The cornbread is sweet and buttery--just don't fill up on it before you get your meal! The atmosphere is casual but there can be a wait on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday--so plan ahead. Pictures of country stars are on the walls and the menu features meat, meat, and more meat--so vegetarians might want to give it a miss!

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Consistently good food, especially the chicken and baby back ribs. The brisket is just ok....nothing special. Prices are a little high but comparable to other places in the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

WOW! First time I visited this place was at the weekend on a rainy evening and everything about the place hit the spot. I'm from the UK, so my exposure to authentic-style-BBQ is not as vast as some. Still, it's a good place to start.

The staff were really friendly, the food was full of flavour, portions were a good size and in a part of Boston that is off the beaten track. There is certainly a "Village" vibe to the place. Nice choice of cocktails and beer. There were eight of us who all went for something different, so I got to try loads! The Baby Backs were delicious. The sides were OK, but this is exactly what they are, i.e. not the main attraction. We drove, but you may be able to take the "T". I would like to try other places, but I will definitely go back.