“Great food, good service”
Review of Jimmy's Bar & Oven - CLOSED

Jimmy's Bar & Oven
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went to the restaurant for a friend's birthday. We went for a very early dinner as we were bringing toddler. I got the chicken parm sandwich, while my wife and friend got pizzas. The food was great, and service was friendly if not super attentive. To be fair, the restaurant was pretty empty at this point, so inattentive service would have been almost impossible. Nevertheless, many establishments still manage to provide poor service even under these circumstances so we appreciated their efforts. Worth a return visit!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went to Jimmy's Bar & Oven to meet up with some girlfriends for dinner on a Wednesday night. When we got there at 6 we were the only people but by the time we left at 8:30 almost all tables were taken. I had the arugula pizza...so yummy! My girlfriends helped me finish it as it was big for one person. They had a good list of beers and cocktails and the tunes were great. Our server was great, he was attentive but he didn't check on us too much. I'd go back again!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I give this about 3.5 stars. I live pretty close to Jimmy's and never really have a problem getting a table or a seat at the bar. Whenever I seem to go (5+ times in three months) I've never seen it full. I have had hit or miss service here. Most of the times it is very good, but a few times it has been a little slow. The pizza is very good.

We always have to ask to put major sports games on (Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins), there's always something else on TV.

Good place, not great. A little more casual than the other places in Washington Square, but still leaves a little to be desired. Not quite a sports bar, not quite a fancy bar, just caught in the middle.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The servers play their pandora stations which generally involve 90s throwbacks making this a great spot for 20 and 30somethings!

Note: Brookline requires you to order food on the patio so if you're just grabbing a beer, snag the stools inside which face the large patio with big open windows.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We walked in the door and were greeted by Zak. Zak was super friendly and nice to out of towners. He walked us through the menu. We ordered pizza and sandwiches. Food was excellent and reasonably priced.