“Great addition to Coolidge Corner”
Review of Otto

Otto
Ranked #7 of 205 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: OTTO serves gourmet, specialty pizza by the slice or whole pie. Serving discerning pizza fans in New England since 2009.
Natick,Massachusetts
“Great addition to Coolidge Corner”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Otto Pizza is a great addition to Coolidge Corner in Brookline. The pizza here is thin crust and perfectly done. The sausage with vidalia onion was very good. The white bean with red tomatoes was a little too spicy. Be careful of when you are are ordering pizza with red flakes! It is very spicy. You must ask how spicy it is.

The green goddess salad was interesting and crunchy. I'd recommend that.

The only downside was ordering a glass of wine while waiting for our table. You get a small glass with just a little wine poured in it for $8.00. C'mon, really?

With that said, I'll be back to try other pizzas there. Maybe have a beer instead!

• Visited July 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Pizza is great, but service is lacking”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Some friends who live in the area wanted to try this place and since I'm not one to say no to pizza I happily obliged. We were promptly seated and within a few moments our server arrived. It seemed that his mind was elsewhere. I inquired about slices and was told that slices were only available for takeout or at the bar in a curt manor. Hey, that's cool, but how about you take pricing for slices off of the table service menu then so patrons aren't confused. We ordered two pizzas, which did not arrive at the same time. After close to 10 minutes passing from when the first pizza was delivered I inquired where the second one was to which he replied "It's coming". Ummm, a better answer would have been "I'm sorry, let me go check on that for you". When the second pizza did arrive we were left with 2 plates for 4 people. Drinks were never refilled. Our server never returned and attempts to get his attention were fruitless until I finally flagged him down for the check. Other staff that we interacted with on our way out were extremely friendly.

The space for this location is beautiful, but a little cramped. They could probably lose one or two small tables to make it feel a little more open, but given the area I completely understand.

In all, the pizza was some of the best I've had and I would happily eat here again, but it will only be for takeout.

• Visited June 2012
Philadelphia, PA
“My favorite pizza in Brookline”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I took out two small pizzas: the bacon, apple and onion, and the chicken with spinach and asiago. Both were delicious, and if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely recommend the bacon, apple and onion. The flavors were amazing. I can't wait to try their other unique selections. It's way better than another pizza place that's across the street and charges about the same. Thank you for coming to Brookline!!! Definitely check it out!

• Visited June 2012