“great service and location”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
Port Huron, Michigan
“great service and location”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Had several rooms reserved for a family wedding. A little confusion at registration because the rooms given to us were not equipped as requested but staff worked it out for us. All the staff at the Courtyard were helpful and courteous. We had several small children with us and the Bistro staff was especially patient and always smiling. Really like the healthy food that Courtyard Bistro now offers. The pool was on the small side but very warm and comfortable for us on a very cold February weekend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Hello Guest,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me if I can further assist. Thank you.
Mui Huang 617-396-2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This hotel is reasonably priced and close to public transportation. The front desk staff was super helpful and pleasant. We were in town for medical reasons--the shuttle to the hospital was on time and so helpful. I would stay here again anytime visiting Boston. It's super close to the T and lots of great shops/dining nearby. Most hotels in Boston are really expensive. The Courtyard is a bargain. No complaints here! Parking is a bit steep, but hey, it's a city--what can you expect?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We enjoyed our two night stay, nice rooms, bathroom, flat screen tv. Close to Boston. One drawback though was lack of included breakfast which we have come to expect at Marriot's. Small cafe was available but crowded and slow.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2011

It was our first trip to Boston and we wanted to stay somewhere central. Brookline is a great area to stay in. The hotel was in a great location right off Beacon Street (train was also along Beacon). We walked outside and there were 10+ restaurants in the same block. The hotel was modern and our room was very clean and cozy. They also offer free Wi-fi which was great. We slept very well and they had a neat little restaurant where we got breakfast one morning - not too pricey. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and if we travel back to Boston, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at the hotel using Marriott reward points. I am platinum elite, and usually get good service. The hotel is in great shape, must have been recently renovated, and the service was excellent from the front desk to the dining room workers. The location is also excellent, being one block from the green line, and several simple restaurants and a Trader Joe's are also within a block. Check in was fine. I mentioned that I had been told I would get a free continental breakfast when I made the reservation (true, probably due to my elite status) and without hesitation they took my word for it and made it happen. The room was very quiet, but a bit cold since the heating turns itself off if the room is empty. The bed could have been more comfortable, and I needed to ask for extra blankets, which were quickly provided. The room was sparsely furnished, and could have been better with a mini fridge, but everything was fine, and I would stay here again. Without the minor imperfections, it would be 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Vermont
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Mr. Sharad Chand, the General Manager of this hotel, has a fine practice of welcoming guests personally and inviting their feedback via email. He has responded over and over to my detailed requests, making me feel like an honored guest. I have seen him on many occasions greeting hotel patrons in person so I know his gracious demeanor is extended to all. I have stayed at this Courtyard at least a dozen times this past year. The only consistent complaint I have is with their wireless internet. My IPad needs their technical staff every time in order to access the internet. The rooms are roomy, clean, and the beds over the top comfortable, especially when their signature mattress topper is the top layer just under the bottom sheet. The front desk staff often calls up just after I get settled on arrival to ask if everything is okay with the room. Occasionally, there is a problem, which gets rectified or astonishingly, my hotel bill gets reduced to compensate me for the inconvenience brought about my complaint. This hotel is located in a very quiet neighborhood which offers many fine ethnic restaurants. It is a convenient walk to the hospital district, as well.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
new jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I am amazed at the under educating of hotel staff. The front desk tried to be friendly but were clueless about how to get around Boston. With the wealth of unemployed, hire people who know the area. The hotel looked dirty , especially the hall ways. The price was about 110 dollars more than it should have been for a hotel in that shape. The rooms were fine, nothing great . Overlooked with UPGRADE (really?) where the garbage was picked up . There is nothing nice about the hotel (the lobby is pretty) but the hallway and room really on motel like quality. Also the have a starbucks in hotel but during day no one there so you will pay 5 dollars for a latte that is just coffee because no one knows how to work the machines.
THEY NEED TO CLEAN THIS PLACE AND EDUCATE FRONT DESK TO AREA, AND TRANSPORT OPTIONS BETTER . THIS IS NOT A 200 DOLLAR PLUS A NIGHT PLACE AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE CHARGING THAT. ALSO PARKING 21 DOLLARS A DAY, YOU KIDDING ME, THIS PLACE A TOTAL RIPOFF

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Liketotravel2u
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, you feedback is our oppuntunity for improvement. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss in details about your stay and perhaps see if I can help resolve this for you. I do apologize that you did not get the view you have requested. As in regards to Starbucks, was there a sign out stating to see the Front Desk for service? All front desk agents are trained to make Starbucks drinks as the Bistro is only open for Breakfast and Dinner service. During off hours, you must see the front desk for service. Our parking rate is minimal compare to another hotel a mile down charging $42 for overnight parking. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience as I would like to resolve this for you. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 83 in Boston
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!