“Pleasant stay at the Marriott”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Brookline. The Hotel was clean and comfortable. The Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small pool and fitness room.

The location was convenient for us and is located in a nice quiet neighborhood, with a T stop nearby, its only a ~15 minuet ride from downtown Boston and the major sightseeing attractions.

The hotel supplied us with a playpen for our infant and a fridge free of charge. There are Trader Joes, Walgreens and CVS conveniently located across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed here to visit our son who lives in Brookline. We were very satisfied with the hotel. It did not feel tired to us. We had a comfortable room with king bed, sofa, and desk. Good lighting for reading or working. Wireless in the rooms and computers and printers available in the lobby . During an earlier stay we had a room with a view of the Boston skyline.

The location is very convenient - close to the T and near all sorts of interesting restaurants and shops. The breakfast is typical Courtyard - a hot buffet with individually prepared omelets and waffles available. If you are here for more than one day you should definitely explore some of the other options. We walked one morning to Athan's Bakery. Great pastry and panini sandwiches including breakfast ones.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We stayed here many times because of its location. When new and several years after, it was a wonderful hotel. Execllent staff. This last visit was disapointing. Completely different staff with a poor attitude. There was construction underway. No elevator to underground parking was a inconvenience. If we return next year, I will want to be assured that problems have been corrected.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2008

My not be the ideal base if in Boston for a family holiday due the lack of restaurant (other than for breakfast) and no bar facility,although there are plenty of reasonably priced eateries in close proximity. If travelling to Boston for business it is ideal, rooms are comfortable and serviced well with good speed wireless access and enough room to discuss business and meet with colleagues if required to do so. I was over on a study trip visiting Boston College and found the location ideal. For the limited “tourist time” that I had the T (Subway System) was very accessible with a stop almost beside the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We were given a handicapped room with a view of the ventilation system. The toilet was extremely noisy. The pool was warm, at least 100 degrees. The maid didn't clean the bathroom, and just threw the sheets up on the bed. The breakfast was horrible for the price with terrible service and the front desk was rude. However, the beds were great, the TV worked, the ice was frozen, and the location was super.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank PtinVt
Reviewed August 12, 2008

My wife and I attended a 5 day workshop in Brookline and we were booked into the Courtyard Marriott in Brookline. We choose to stay 9 days in total and had a very pleasant stay. We stayed in one large double room with two, very comfortable, queen sized beds. We were four in total: my wife and I and our two teenage sons. They spend most time at the hotel as my wife and I were attending the workshop. The free wireless was excellent to keep them entertained and breakfast was substantial. The hotel provided a roll-a-away bed free of charge and there was plenty of space in the room for the four of us. The staff were very helpful and facilities at the hotel made us comfortable. The pool was small but a great way to cool down. We did, occasionally use the small but well equipped gym. There was no restaurant in the hotel but there were many small restaurants within comfortable walking distance. The hotel had a well stocked snack bar in the lobby and supplied free tea and coffee in the lobby 24hrs a day. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Our family of 4 (2 teens) spent 6 nights right after the 4th of July. I was there for business and my wife and sons visited the sites in Boston. The location in Brookline was great. Plenty of restaurants in the area to fit any taste and budget and within walking distance of Fenway, though the T is right across the street and very convienent. Cabs sit out in front all the time if you feel the need.

Our room was comfortable, but a bit tight for 4 people/2 kings. The beds were comfortable (I was on the road for 5 straight weeks-THAT is a big deal) and the furnishings were nothing fancy, but utilitarian.

The front desk staff was very helpful when called upon for assistance. We did have a few problems with the housekeeping staff-keeping 4 sets of towels in the room, making up the room before 3:00 pm-but nothing to set off fireworks. My kids agreed with most of the comments about the pool (small) and the gym (one decent treadmill) being "ok", but nothing special. We never tried the breakfast at the hotel. They did offer (for sale) beer and wine each evening, but I walked 3 minutes to the Trader Joes and bought my own.

The location is lively, but we felt at ease at all reasonable hours. Catching the T was a breeze and my family was able to go all over Boston without a car.

One last note-colleagues stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street and thought I had the better deal. The business center with 3 computers and 2 printers made the difference to them.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Fenway / Kenmore
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!