WINNER WONDERLAND

Courtyard Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
Severna park
“Great Location - Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family was in Boston for a long weekend of college visits and sight seeing. The minute I walked in the door I was greeted by a fantastic young man named Scott who was working the front desk. He was so pleasant and helpful I couldn't help but be happy about our choice already. The location is the best - situated right by the T and it was so convenient to get to anywhere we needed to go. The front desk was always helpful with suggestions and directions. The room was very large for a city hotel and I loved that it had queen beds rather than doubles (most Boston hotels have doubles). They were very accommodating with our oversized vehicle that could not fit in the garage - making other arrangements for us. We'd go back in a heartbeat! Thank you!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Pleased to learn that you enjoyed our location and your hotel service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel on your next visit to Boston!
Many Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
White River Junction, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful hotel, easy access to the city, comfortable and quiet rooms, super friendly staff. Pool is small but perfect for kids. Didn't visit the restaurant, so can't say anything about that. Trader Joes and the T right around the corner, 20 minute walk to Fenway Park, would definitely stay again

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Sandisfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. This hotel is in a great location just steps from Coolidge Corner and the Green Line. But, it is a little warn and no longer a good value. It took three tries to get a key that would open the door to our room. The desk clerk finally came with us to make sure that at the third try that the key would work. He said that the door locks just don't work sometimes. There were a few wedding parties booked into the hotel. On Saturday night one group returned from the wedding and partied until after midnight in the open courtyard. The noise level was so high that we could hear them with our windows closed. We called the desk and were told that he had tried to quiet them down. He finally got hem to stop when I told him that we would not pay for a room in which we could not sleep. Our advice: check to see if there are weddings booked before making your reservation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We do our best to isolate larger blocks on same floors, but I am happy to hear that your request was addressed by the front desk immediately.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

When we showed up after our long drive from NJ, we were met with the hotel not having any electricity. So we dedicated to take a ride around Boston. Once we returned and the electric was turned back on, we were helped by Jamal for our every need! He was an asset to our stay at the hotel. He helped us with directions, cabs, restaurants and also with certain concerns we had with our stay. Our room also was having a problem with digital television from the days earlier loss of power. And it really took a long time for the wireless internet to come back up. If it weren't for these things, we would have probably rated the hotel higher, but since our stay was only one night, we can only give it 3 stars. Jamal was by far the highlight of our stay and I hope that the hotel realizes what a fabulous employee they have in him. He should be recognized for his diligence in making sure the customer gets what they need. Service like that is a lost art in today's society! Thanks, Jamal! The Murray's

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the courtyard!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad Jamal went out of his way to take care of you.

Please feel free to call me direly if you would like to further discuss your experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott in Brookline (at Coolidge Corners) is perfectly situated. Right on the T Green "C" line - takes you almost anywhere you want to go - Fenway, Commons, Newbury Street. The area around Coolidge Corners is ideal - shops, eating, walking, running. My daughter and I stayed there for a college tour trip - was perfect. Rooms, bathrooms, service, the cafe, and running and working out in the area are great. Great value, great service, great location. I would stay here again for sure!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I/we appreciate a PERFECT 5!

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our local area.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Brookline.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here from 7/3-7/9 and it’s perfectly placed right in the middle of everything. The T line takes you anywhere you need to go practically. If you are going to Fenway it takes u there, if u r going to the wharf it takes u there. So much to do so little time. If you are driving or plan to drive in would advise NOT to do so. Having a car will cost you an arm and a leg. The hotel provides parking for $30 a night and if u plan on driving to the wharf or Fenway or anywhere else be PREPARED to pay A LOT of money for parking. I drove up from NY and had no choice to pay for the hotel parking. My mistake was taking it out one day to go to the aquarium and having to pay $40 for parking. There’s NO parking anywhere. So save yourself some money and use the T train. Now on to the review of the hotel. I checked in and Scott got us up to our room right away after a 6hr drive from NY. Scott throughout my whole stay was great. He helped me with everything imaginable. Where to eat, how to get to destinations u name it he was there with suggestions or advice. Marriott needs to lock him down and do what they can to hold on to him as he is a HUGE asset to the company. I told him when I DO come back I would like to see him as "manager". There’s nothing better for a hotel than to have someone that helpful, friendly and always smiling. Now the room is nice and spacious as is the bathroom. Bed was fine and so were the pillows. Only problem I had for a couple of nights was the room has a door that leads to next room. Why is that a problem? Well the crying baby at 2am and the baby up and at it at 6:30am is why. You can hear everything going on in the next room. I called to ask to be moved and the thought of me having to repack everything and move wasn't going to be fun so I asked how long the couple was staying and I was told they would be checking out next day so I just dealt with it for one more night. So I at least was going to be moved which was great on concierge's part. Now the breakfast at the "Bistro" (not really a Bistro or restaurant) was VERY good! Mei was very pleasant and always smiling. Wish I knew the Spanish girls name as she needs to smile more because a smile goes a long way. Lunch/dinner the food wasn't as great as the breakfast. So I would probably go to one of the restaurants in the area for that. Pool is not very big and filled with kids. So would I come back? You better believe it. Oh and the cookies and water during the day is a nice touch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I/we appreciate your review and I am glad to learn that Scott went out of his way to ensue your comfort.

Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Fantastic stay at Courtyard Marriott in Brookline, Mass! We wanted to stay near the T line to have easy access to Boston attractions - we couldn't have picked a better location-less expensive than staying in downtown Boston and extremely accessible to everything we wanted to do in Boston. Rooms were clean, staff was INCREDIBLE, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We were traveling with a four month old baby boy so it was helpful to have a washer and dryer in this hotel. Quaint little bistro with great service, 24 hour market with snacks, drinks and necessities and Wi-fi in the rooms as well as the lobby. Good restaurants in the area and a CVS and Walgreens across the street. Would definitely stay here again without hesitation!

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Many Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Fenway / Kenmore
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 82 in Boston

Been to Courtyard Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!